Usergroup Guide & FAQ
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
everything happens so much
Guardians

(This post was last modified: September 10, 2017, 03:49:45 PM by Arkana.)

Usergroup Guide & FAQ
Written by Arkyls

Here is a comprehensive guide about the usergroups on IDS, what they're for and how to use them. This is also a place to read if you're having issues with the usergroups and how to solve them or who to contact to get assistance on the matter.

OOC & STAFF USERGROUPS.
These groups are bolded and usually are represented by bright colours. This is to make it easier to find any staff members online for any assistance you may need. For a detailed description of each of these usergroups and what they do, click here.

OOC usergroups will never be available to join freely. They are either chosen by a democratic format by nominations or you can apply for one of these roles when they are available. If you are interested in joining one of these jobs, please keep an eye out in the Town Hall for openings.

- Admin/"Host Admin"
- Moderator/”Guardian”
- Admin Assistant
- Tech Assistant
- Character Directory Organizer
- Roleplay Organizer
- Advertiser Extraordinaire

There is one other "role" membergroup and that is for all the main accounts for any Pack Alphas. This is optional for these members to have this as their display group, but it is crucial for discussion and input purposes. If you are an alpha of a board pack and do not see this listed under your "Group Memberships" tab, please contact an Admin Assistant or Guardian to have this corrected.

IC ROLEPLAY USERGROUPS.
These groups are coloured based on the general theme or feel for each pack and typically are represented by softer, lighter colours. These groups are for those who like to roleplay their characters with different accounts where they can categorize them based on the pack that they are currently involved in. For an overview as to what each of these packs are like, click here.

IC roleplay usergroups will always been available to join freely.

- Alteron
- Borogrove
- Death Valley/Oukoku-Kai
- Gemini
- Inaria
- Nardir
- Saboro
- Tortuga
- Reach
- Nomad

How to Join a Usergroup.
Drag the images to your URL bar to enlarge.

1. Go to the top menu and click “user panel.”
[Image: ugg1_by_arkyls-dbn0d40.png]

2. Scroll down and along the left side under “Miscellaneous” should be a “Group Memberships” tab.
[Image: ugg2_by_arkyls-dbn0d44.png]

3. You’ll see a list of groups you can join; they should be all of the above ic usergroups, you’ll also see groups you’re a member of. Your default usergroup should be Packmate. If it is not, please look at the FAQ section for assistance.
[Image: ugg5_by_arkyls-dbn0d4n.png]

4. Now select the group you’d like to join.
[Image: ugg3_by_arkyls-dbn0d49.png]

5. Once you’ve done that, you will see your selection listed under the “Groups you’re a member of.” Now, it won’t automatically set it as your display group, you will have to do that yourself. All you have to do is click the “Set as Display Group” and then, voila! You’re done.
[Image: ugg4_by_arkyls-dbn0d4i.png]

If at any time your character changes packs or you simply wish to leave a membergroup, simply click the “leave group” option to the right. You can join a new group or re-join the same group again at any time.

FAQ.

What is the point of usergroups? Why are there so many?
We've used the usergroups as a method for easily identifying staff and IC accounts for new and old members. IDS originally had only OOC membergroup colours, but with growing interest we introduced the IC membergroups so members could add a little extra to their roleplay accounts. This also helps for those who may use similar or in some cases, the same, names for their OOC/Main accounts and their RP accounts.

Why does the Reach only have one membergroup?
The Reach always changes up, some packs last longer than others. For this reason, we don't feel it is necessary to create individual membergroups for each of the packs. This also serves as an extra bonus for Reach packs that may successfully challenge to board status to recieve their own unique membergroup.

My default usergroup isn’t Packmate. What do I do?
Please contact an Admin Assistant or Guardian with the below information. Please note, new accounts should not have this issue. This is a common problem for transferred accounts from our old forum.

Code:
[b]Account name:[/b]
[b]Usergroups you should be apart of:[/b]
[b]Usergroup you want as display:[/b]

My account isn't showing my membergroup! What do I do?
Make sure you've set your Display Group. Go into your Group Membership tab and select the "(Set Display Group)" option beside your desired group.

Why do Nomad, Packmate and Pack Alpha look the same. What's the difference?
While these three groups don't have any colours for their usernames, they are different. Nomad is an IC group, meant for characters that are not within any pack. This is simply to give those accounts something to help differieniate IC from OOC. Packmate is the default user group when a new member joins, and is typically for OOC accounts. Pack Alpha is for OOC accounts, and is members who are play alpha characters on our board packs. They have their own membergroup for input and discussion purposes, and to be easily identifiable to those who may be looking for specific people.

Do I have to use these membergroups?
No, there is no rule to having to use them, but we highly encourage it.

I don't want to use them. They hurt my eyes/I find them confusing/I don't like the pack colour.
There is no requirement to use these membergroups if you decide you do not wish to.

I want my main account to have a colour! Can I add it to a pack membergroup?
We'd appreciate if IC membergroups are exclusively used for IC accounts. That's what they're there for!

I want my own membergroup! Can I create one?

Unfortunately our membergroups are for specific purposes and we do not take requests for new ones.

Only contact this account to inquire about or appeal a warning you have received. All other Mod-related business should be directed to individual Mods.

Staff FAQ | Forum Rules | Forum FAQ

If you need help with something, please contact one of our forum moderators!
Our current staff team is Arkyls, Kay, and Puffin.