Open  season 2 episode 3
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Sumitra she/her
Nomad
Nomad
Pronouns: she/her

All Accounts Posts: 211
(This post was last modified: August 07, 2018, 11:51:06 AM by Sumitra.)

ooc; this thread is for anyone interested in meeting Sumitra and possibly becoming friends with her to start her gang! if you don't wanna join that's totally cool you can just come say hi and have dinner BREAKFAST with her. :+)

The dagger-mouthed saber stood atop a pile of rocks overlooking the forest in the pale dawn light, a quiet breeze ruffling her coat. For days, her giant paws had flexed impatiently and itched for unfamiliar earth beneath them and between her toes. The forest had served her well, providing plentiful food and water. She had never been more comfortable. There were peculiar neighbors, sure, but she's met stranger. It was time to break that record. She couldn't stand flourishing in one part of the world and not thriving in another. But where to?

Sumitra sighed despondently, unable to brainstorm ideas. She'd have to postpone her brooding until after her meal. So she turned to hop down the rock pile and slowly picked her way down to her makeshift camp. She had pulled a large tree branch down far enough to shield the nest she'd made of leaves and moss up against the stones. It was quite a dainty canopy, and kept her warm and dry for months. In the spring, she adorned it with strings of flowers and blooming buds and splattered wild berries all around that brought color and life to her home. She smiled, remembering the wild, fun, drunk times she'd had all to herself here. Another celebration down in the books. But the first she had celebrated alone.

Her stomach growled. Reminiscing would be saved for another time as well. She was hungry. As she lumbered over to her small fireplace in the middle of the clearing, her ears pricked at the faint sound of rustling nearby. A neighbor? It had been awhile since she'd met any. But there was never a bad time to have chai with a stranger. She lifted her head, her eyes carelessly scanning the foliage for her guest.

"Good morning! I hear you over there," she sang. After a moment of no response, she chuckled to herself. "You're velcome to my home if you're hungry. But please, don't try to take anything that isn't yours or bring violence here. That vouldn't be very smart."

ifyla she/her
Nomad
Nomad
Location [IC]: The Neutrals
Rank [IC]: N/A
Played By: toby

All Accounts Posts: 110

Living alone was tough, Ifyla decided but had its few rewards that made it worth it, in Ifyla's opinion. She didn't have to deal with nosy people or anything like that. Although, it was dangerous. If she injured herself, she could die or if she fell sick she wouldn't be able to hunt or defend herself. And sometimes, the lack of social contact left her lonely with a numbing ache in her heart. She didn't want to join a pack and force herself to stay within their territory, but she didn't want to be a mere loner any longer.

At the moment, she had just recently woken up at the crack of dawn and began her morning routine to hunt down food. She hadn't been able to eat yesterday, too clumsy to catch even the dullest rabbit, but today seemed promising. Especially considering her rare burst of optimism. It was the alluring smell of food that beckoned her, guiding her paws from the opposite direction she had been originally traveling toward.

Following her trustable -- but not always trustworthy -- nose, Ifyla crept along the forest floor in search of food to give her energy for the day ahead. However, she was wary. The scent of a predator larger than she hung in the air, despairingly strong. She wanted to eat today, dammit. Perhaps if she were lucky, she might be able to scavenge what remained. So, she continued her crawl until she came to the edge of a clearing. The Ethiopian Wolf hung back in the bushes, goldenrod eyes peering out from her hiding place.

It was then that she spotted the source of her worries. Shit. A saber cat. Seriously, how unlucky could she be? A feline like that could easily snap her up in its jaws and swallow her whole. Wincing at the thought, the nomad carefully assessed her situation. If she didn't get away without being noticed, she was probably cat food. Really shitty cat food. She had to search for an opening, a lapse in the big cat's attention that might provide her a chance to flee and live another hungry day.

When the saber began to move toward the center of the clearing, the she-wolf made to make her escape. But, to her horror, her faint rustling was noticed. She nearly swore out loud when the female feline's voice rang through the area. Until she noticed that they seemed friendly. Sure, the saber could be trying to lure her out to kill her or something, but what if they weren't. At least she could die with her belly full, right? Peeking her orange-furred head out of the bush, Ifyla looked at the much larger individual. "Personally, I wouldn't try to steal from you. Ever. I rather like my life, if I'm honest."

Sumitra she/her
Nomad
Nomad

All Accounts Posts: 211

The feline's lips turned upside as a small she-wolf's head appeared from the bushes, reassuring her that she didn't come with malicious intentions. Good! Not that she was worried anyway. A creature of her size was quite formidable to any natural habitants of this place, and made her stick out quite a lot. She has never worried a day in this forest of thieves swiping her food or ruffians trying to harm her. But that didn't mean she wasn't careful and prepared to take necessary actions.

Her head shook, along with her neck, her hide, and finally her short stubby tail in a rippling motion, and then she settled in beside the fire. "No vorries, little girl. I vould never rob you of your life." Killing was not in Sumitra's nature. She has crossed paths with others she didn't get along with, and they proved to be terribly rude to her, but never has she maimed or murdered. She was far too savvy for that nonsense! All the energy that people put into fighting could be put to eating. And napping. Did no one realize that?

The hungry saber placed her tiny kettle over the fire and fished through a satchel nearby to find a piece of ginger. She tossed it into a mortar and started grinding it with a pestle that her father had gifted to her. Her family's crest, painted in gold, rested at the bottom of the smooth bowl. Her ear flicked, and she glanced over at the small she-wolf who still stood in the bushes and offered her an amused smile and another chuckle. "Arre ya, come. Please, it's alright! I vas just starting breakfast."

Sumitra unsheathed one long claw and flicked the ginger out of her mortar and into the kettle, letting it boil. From her satchel she also grabbed the green cardamoms and loose tea leaves packaged in many tiny bags for her to use, and brought it over to wear she sat. She looked up from her work, realizing that the girl had no place comfortable to lay down and wait. She raised a claw to her lips, thinking, then let out an abrupt "OH!" and scurried to the side of her nest. Hidden nearby, under a bunch of leaves and birch bark she used for fire, was a second nest she had constructed in case a stranger like herself stumbled upon her humble abode. She pulled it out with her teeth, swaying her behind as she backed up and laid it across from where she sat, humming old songs as she did so. Then, she returned to grinding up the cardamoms and added them to the kettle.

"I have rabbit and duck for you, vhichever you'd like. Caught them earlier today before the sun came out. They're over there, under the blanket," she gestured to the colorful rug placed just outside of her nest. "You can bring me vhatever, I vill more than likely still be hungry later."