Saboro Ring 1  One shot, one chance [Acceptance]
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Nyx Warstride She/ her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: She/ her

All Accounts Posts: 5

Nyx, a young dire wolf was taking a gamble that was going to change her entire life. She was going to take a chance and join a pack that a lone stranger pointed her out to. She didn't know much, but something in her gut told her to join this pack. She walked with powerful steps up until a strong scent hit her nose. The young female took a look around, it seemed she was in the right place. It was obvious to her that she was outside the pack's borders, so she decided to stay where she was for her own safety. She may be a dire wolf, but she wasn't enough for an entire pack of wolves. Nyx was wandering the lands in search of a pack of strength, and she was hoping she would find it here. She stood with grace as she lifted her head letting out a large howl to let someone know that she was at their borders. Her form looked powerful, but also with grace as she stood waiting patiently. In this case, patience was a virtue, especially in this situation. Anyone who knew Nyx would know she was a strong and capable wolf, and with good reason, yet her true test would start here. Nyx knew to mind her manners here, as this was a foreign pack. She was clean and well groomed as always. Nyx didn't need hope, for it was either you got it or you didn't. She knew that she definitely had potential to join. Her purple colored gaze looked at the borders, waiting for any sign of life to approach. Nyx showed no sign of fear, only confidence. She was curious of what she was walking into.

[-] Likes: waka
Sheikra she/her
spiteful daughter
Saboro
Pronouns: she/her
Rank [IC]: Sentry
Played By: Akante

All Accounts Posts: 1,342

[Image: banner2_by_etkri-dc1e4s1.jpg]

This wasn't a rank she'd ever thought she'd find herself in, to be honest.
But anything was better than sitting as some bumfuck scum at the bottom, so she'd taken it without hesitation.

Unfortunately lurking in shadows in these lands meant lurking deep within a chill, so the green and chocolate dappled girl felt her fur bristling. Bright minty eyes narrowed in petty discontent as she surveyed the area around her, both border and inland alike. Despite being on active Sentry duty, she was also hungry as hell, and didn't see the harm in keeping a side eye out for a potential meal. I mean, as long as she kept attentive to the borders as well, no one could give her shit for not doing her job? It was multitasking, after all.

The sun hung high in the sky, offering a solace to the shivers in the shadows as Sheikra slowly meandered here or there through the pines. The blotted shadows from their branches acted as a fair camouflage for the girl - it was probably her best qualification for the job, this ability to blend in. Catch those wandering fuckers unawares. The gentle ambiance of the terrain was interrupted by a booming howl, and the Sentry felt her hackles rise, a simmering scowl briefly spread across her face. Shit, she had work to do, and they were loud.

The mutt lumbered past the foliage and around some boulders to come into view of the recruit, standing at attention and oh so ready for the incoming company. The sleek greyscale stranger seemed so... confident. That sent a mild wave of irritation through the Sentry as she approached, countering the recruit's stance with one of her own: dominance. Head held high, eyes staring, tail flickered up high and her gait with a bold bounce to it, Sheikra entered the scene with enough arrogance to firmly establish the pecking order.

"Quite a fuckin' voice you got there," a lazed drawl as she sauntered up, her taller frame squaring up against the other as they became face to face. "Am I to assume that and yer hella sultry looks are all yer good for? Or s'there a chance you won't waste my time?" She still had a lunch to find and hunt down and eat. Busy, busy schedule, and this pretty girl here was interfering with it all. With a cocked brow and some pursed lips, the Sentry stood tall and bold and dominant: the epitome of Saboro.

text: #8fb76b

[Image: lmarzl_by_etkri-d9rsdq3.png]
Hidalgo She
Eras end above us
Saboro
Pronouns: She

All Accounts Posts: 843
(This post was last modified: May 31, 2018, 12:12:32 AM by Hidalgo.)

ooc: akante and me will actually be tag teaming this acceptance!

[Image: __i_can_be_your_shooting_s_t_a_r___by_as...9vj7mt.png]

[Image: rainypuddles___divider_by_crookedantlers-d9ogqzt.gif]
#cd853f

Morning slipped into afternoon quickly enough and soon it'd be evening, it seemed that this land in the North didn't play by the actual laws of nature. It was summer, so why was there still a chill in the air? Why was there not many hours in the day with actual sunlight? Inconsistency, it annoyed Hidalgo to no end, adapting was something she was forced into doing. Everyone here in Saboro had to, they always had to, but that didn't mean she had to like it.

Though the blue female would take on the day just as any other, patrolling the borders with as much charisma as she could manage. So far it had been dull work, not much to do if there isn't anyone coming in, right? She was really able to shake that feeling, that vicious need to sink her claws into some top quality personal banter. An addiction gone awry, and the poor few members of Saboro had to put up with this.

Her functionality depended on it, with every step she could feel her teetering toward some unknown precipice. The instability frightened her, what more was there to say. But the sentry's silent prayers were answered by a VERY loud cry of a howl that echoed across the outer ring.  Well damn, she smirked to herself almost greedily, moving at a brisk pace toward the source of said noise.

But when she arrived there was already another there, Minty, and Hidalgo clicked her tongue against her teeth in annoyance as she leaned against a trunk of a large spruce. The blue female almost left her to it, what was the point of two sentries being there in the first place. HOWEVER, her mind echoed a tempting offer, two birds and one stone. Get double of what you really want, what you're really in this rank for.

Rubbing her shoulder against the rough bark of the tree, she pushed herself forward, slinking from behind brush and ferns. Amber eyes glancing at the potential recruit and then bouncing to good ol Minty. "Don't mind her, she's had a stick up her ass from day one. Daddy issues and all, she's really sensitive about it." Lips curled into a sleazy smile speaking directly to Nyx for the moment. "I'm Hidalgo, and this is my f-...f-rien...- acquaintance?? Peppermint Patti." Words were tossed about nonchalantly as she looked Nyx over, she'd come to stop by Sheikra motioning her paw in a shooing manner. "Move over, doll."

"Okay so, you're at Saboro's borders. You know an awful lot about us now, we kinda told you our names." Her grin stretched wider and wider, though it was unknown if there was any real malice behind it. "Now you tell us some nice, juicy details about you. For starters your name, and what exactly brought you to this point." Tip toeing around a sleeping lion, she could feel her legs wanting to quake. She'd turn to Sheikra then, shrugging. "Let's be real here, no one just SITS on a pack's doorstep unless they want an alliance or they want in." Duh.

It's me, it's me, you've come to take
My duality awakes
By midnight time I could not see,
If I were you or you were me
« profile played by: waka »

Nyx Warstride She/ her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

Nyx looked respectfully at the two females that stood before her, knowing that discipline and obedience was required in this situation. The young dire wolf knew to keep her manners and check, making sure to keep her stature as nonthreatening as possible. She held a respectful gaze at the pair, speaking with complete respect in her voice as well as confidence. She dipped her head in respect before speaking. "I am Nyx Warstride, and as you can see I am a dire wolf. I came to your borders to join Saboro. I am a great hunter, and aspire to improve my skills in battle. I am not sure yet what my purpose or job will be in the pack yet, but I assure you that I will add to the pack's strength and prove myself to be useful. I come from a line of great fighters on my father's side, the family name is called Warstride. I carry that name, and as stated before, I look to improve my skills in battle. I will bring loyalty to Saboro, if you'll have me that is." Nyx said what she needed to say. The young female knew she had plenty of potential, and knew for a fact she would add to the strength of the pack. She was not one to know fear, and she knew she had what it takes to rise in the ranks of Saboro. She waited for the pair to speak patiently. Though she didn't know what specific thing she would do in the pack, she knew she would find out soon enough. The dire wolf waited to hear what the pair had to say to her response.

Sheikra she/her
spiteful daughter
Saboro
Pronouns: she/her
Rank [IC]: Sentry
Played By: Akante

All Accounts Posts: 1,342

[Image: banner2_by_etkri-dc1e4s1.jpg]

As much as she wanted to bury her face in a fresh kill right now and fatten up that belly of hers, Sheikra had been prepared to take this recruit.

Alone.

But speak of the fucking devil (or possibly not even think of her but whatever) and she will appear. As if her day hadn't been going so splendidly beforehand, it was doomed to the most miserable circles of hell as soon as that blue blotted bitch exited from the trees. The mutt didn't even bother repressing a gagging scowl as the other Sentry came into the scene, a look so smug it could suffocate entire empires. God she needed a good solid punch to the face. And to make things fucking worse, that face decided to speak.

"Don't mind her, she's had a stick up her ass from day one. Daddy issues and all, she's really sensitive about it." Did this fucking bitch just-- "I'm Hidalgo, and this is my f-...f-rien...- acquaintance?? Peppermint Patti." It was only the risk of being demoted beneath this bitch that kept Sheikra from unleashing a screeching whirlwind of fang and spit on Hidalgo.

"Move over, Doll." The green mottled girl merely simmered a low growl and firmly stood her ground. She was taller than the petty blueberry and nearly twice her weight. Fucking try to move me, cunt. But that blabbermouth kept going, talking about exposed names - though really only she'd been so fucking dumb as to mention her own - and about how beggars came to borders. Gods if Sheikra had wanted such a droll rank experience she would have volunteered to stay a Slab. With a bitter scowl and fangs poking from her lips, moreso at her quote unquote comrade than the loud recruit, the Sentry-in-training stood at attention, her domineering stance now tenfold.

Then the recruit answered. A long answer. Something about her name - Nyx, it seemed - and how her family earned some surname. About how her place in the world was unknown but she wanted to prove herself. Basically the same typical thing one might expect from any recruit. It was the bureaucratic way of saying "I've got shit to offer but let me in anyways". With an impatient flicker of her tail, Sheikra would take a step forward, simmering lime eyes glaring back at Hidalgo before turning to Nyx. A huff and a puff for added intimidation.

"What I'm sure Blueberry Twat here meant to say's that while yer fancy name is nice 'n all, ev'ryone's got a name." Batting her tail around once more, she'd hope to hit Hidalgo square in the face if she hadn't moved yet (hopefully), "What we need in here's somethin' we ain't got already." A side eye glance to her colleague, "Like a spar. You and she 'round the same height, seems like a good match." Taking a quick two steps to the side, she'd pose herself as the referee between Hidalgo and Nyx Fancynames.

"Prove yerself competent in a fight, 'n we'll consider ya."

Cue the arrogant-ass smirk.

[Image: lmarzl_by_etkri-d9rsdq3.png]
Hidalgo She
Eras end above us
Saboro

#cd853f

Nyx went on and Hidalgo listened, picking over the words the other said as if she'd be able to rake out some good source material from it. It was all pretty average stuff, good hunter? She snorted, she'd better be a good hunter everyone here kills their own food, that wasn't anything to be overly impressed about. The two name thing though, it caught her attention and made her lips curl only slightly. Maybe something for later if the gal was able to make it into this place.

There was something about a line of great fighters, but everyone who so full and confident in themselves thinks their family is the greatest. Hell, the Valley had been full of peeps just like that. Something told her, the monochrome female wouldn't have a nice time if this were actually the Valley, welp.

A couple times she caught Sheikra's gaze, boring right into her and she couldn't help, but smile inwardly as outwardly she merely ignored it. Finally Sheikra did speak up and oh boy did she come out the gate swinging. Baby's first insult. "I'm a big kid now." Hidalgo said jeeringly at Sheikra, lips pulled into a wide grin as she tried her best to hold in a snicker. Blueberry Twat, wow, whatta new one to come up with. "I'm so proud of her to be able to express herself in such a constructive manner. It really shows she's growing as a person. I'm so happy your finally opening yourself up to these emotions, this is all so valid and you're so valid." A paw would raise to her chest as she looked from Nyx over to her minty colleague, wiping away a fake tear.

Black ears perked at the female's words and Hidalgo raised a quizzical brow, ah ha, so that's how it's gonna be. She offered a shrug. "That's fine, wouldn't want you try'in so hard 'n stuff. Fight'n ain't yer strong suit." She dipped her reply in that mocking southern twang, standing up as Sheikra backed up. "Lemme stretch though, real fast." She'd roll her neck, a nice audible pop, curling her toes and stretching her back legs, a quick move and she'd kick loose dirt at Sheikra if the other didn't move out the way, mouthing an obnoxious 'Sorry' to the minty girl. Blueberry Twat is gonna have to lay a smackdown, I GUESS???

Amber eyes would then bounce back onto Nyx, a small smirk curling her back lips upward and her tail flicking idly behind her. "We start on a count of three and then GO, okay?" The fur running long her back prickled, and her smile seemed to widen then. "1......GO!" Came the shout as Hidalgo launched herself at the monochrome girl, aiming to use her weight and momentum to catch the other off-guard and pin her teeth flashing and snapping for the other's scruff. However, if Nyx was able to dodge effectively, Hidalgo would follow suit, aiming to bite into the female's side. Don't worry darlin', I'll be gentle.

My duality awakes

[-] Likes: akante
Nyx Warstride She/ her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

Nyx was a proud dire wolf who came from a strong line of dire wolf warriors, and now she was eager to prove it. Nyx took this spar seriously, for it was her chance to gain entry into a pack as strong as she was. It seemed that both Sheikra and Hidalgo didn't believe in the superiority of her name, well, now was the chance to prove them wrong. Nyx knew she was capable of proving herself in a fight, and even though this was a spar, she took it as seriously as she did any other fight. This was her ticket to get in this pack, and she did not take it lightly. "I'm sure you'll find that I am more than competent in a fight." That was all Nyx had to say for now. The young female watched as Hidalgo did her stretches. Nyx wasn't the least intimidated at the prospect of a fight, nor was she intimidated by her opponent. Nyx raised a brow when Hidalgo said she was going to count on three then they would start. But Nyx didn't focus on her words. She focused more on her body language, and when she was going to make her first move, for Nyx was no fool. She readied her stance and was as alert and focused as ever. Just as she suspected, Hidalgo began the spar before she even reached the number three. No matter, for Nyx was ready. Nyx watched as the female rushed at her and tried to lock her teeth on her scruff, trying to catch Nyx off guard. Nyx dodged her attack in one swift motion, then attempted to use her back leg to bat Hidalgo away. She would then quickly turn around, attempting to ram Hidalgo's side. If it's a fight they wanted, then they would see that Nyx was more than capable of joining their ranks.

Hidalgo She
Eras end above us
Saboro

(This post was last modified: June 03, 2018, 09:08:42 PM by Hidalgo.)

#cd853f

So her plan didn't work out quite as well as she thought it would, ah well, no use crying over spilled milk, right? It'd be something to note, filed away behind determined eyes. Nyx moved and Hidalgo followed right behind her, sure that she'd be able to catch the female, but all she was able to catch was a foot trying to kick her in the face.

Skidding to a halt, able to turn her head to the side she'd feel those back claws comb through the fur of her neck and ultimately miss her skin. The blue sentry almost looked dumbfounded, trying to shake the feeling of what could have been, and then Nyx came back with the 1-2 punch. Ramming into the blue female's side with all the momentum she could muster and Hidalgo literally felt the air escape her lungs.

Staggering away from the other as she once again was left to collect, clearly capable of taking hits, but her ribs ached and there was an unforgivable tension rising up and down her spine. Sheikra would probably not stop this fight, she'd love nothing more than to watch either of them (though Hidalgo especially) get creamed. However, Hidalgo had seen and FELT enough. "Okay okay, that's enough." Calling the match early with a gleam in her eye and a warm wickedness to her smile.

"You're pretty good. Probably have to nurse a bruise later on, but it is what it is, no hard feelings. Her teeth glittering as she smiled widely at Nyx, tail flicking much like a cat's would. Sheikra had forfeited her claim to this acceptance when she had volunteered Hidalgo in her place, but don't you worry, Hidalgo would have nice things to say about her if it ever came up. "You should see about joining the jackdaws, the resident meat head fighters here. Ya'know, you'd make a nice addition." Her tone favored being as nonchalant as she was about the whole thing.

"Oh yeah, Pep and myself would like to welcome you to Saboro." The words rolled of the tongue, like it was some sort of slogan or product that she was forced to sell, but in this case the product sold itself. Motioning for Nyx to follow her.

ooc: it can be assumed that both hidalgo and sheikra gave nyx the run down about the territory, info about who the leaders are, and rules/ring system
both you and akante can post one last time if yall want, but your character is officially a member and you can start rping her in saboro! welcome!!!

My duality awakes