In Dire Straits
Gemini Member of the Month!: December 2018 - Printable Version

+- In Dire Straits (https://dires.net)
+-- Forum: Packlands (IC) (https://dires.net/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Gemini (https://dires.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Gemini Member of the Month!: December 2018 (/thread-1934.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gemini Member of the Month!: December 2018 - The Ancient - November 01, 2017

Alpha Rick and Alpha Ethan are happy to announce a brand spankin' new feature of Gemini and that is theeeeee.....

GEMINI MEMBER OF THE MONTH!!!

Every month from here on out we will be featuring a new character! We absolutely love Gemini and everybody in it and we want to spread the love around! Hey, howdy, and hello! Alpha Ethan here, tired but ready to give you ANOTHER Very Good member of the month! Happy New Year everybody!

[Image: 1aKNdwl.png]
ELI

Get a load of that dog! GET A LOAD OF THAT DOG! Have you ever seen a pupper as good as Eli? This particular doggo sure has been through a lot. He lost his leg, his place in his pack, his owner and his home in a short period of time. Gemini didn't help at first. With the veil thin, Eli thought he was losing his mind as well-- and who could blame him, under the circumstances? Facing hardship and prejudice, Eli nevertheless has started to come into his own alongside some of the other misfits-- and we couldn't be happier to see him grow.

Eli is played by Bea.

Highlights:
All In Your Head
The World's Edge
Nostalgia

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - The Ancient - November 01, 2017

This is gonna be an archive post for former members of the month so we NEVER FORGET!!!!

[Image: fhKKPPo.png]
IAERA!

Iaera is a dual-ranked Ranger and Whisper in Gemini! Hailing originally from a man village far away, this Latin-speaking wolfdog has been working on overdrive in Gemini since arriving!
Her accomplishments include the aforementioned ranks, several acceptances (including one with a hell-wolverine! yikes!), not to mention protecting Century in an all-out brawl with an intruder!

Iaera is constantly struggling to overcome her anxiety and flight response to do what's right. We're really looking forward to continuing to watch her grow as a character!

Iaera is played by Eclipse.

Highlights:
Lunar
STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!!!
The Wild North
[Image: xkwtLpr.png]

[Image: IjT8uFV.png]
ABSINTHE!

Absinthe was born long ago in Derringer and Coven's first and only litter. It seemed at first that she would fly below her parent's attention, their litter lacking favor. Until Derringer challenged Serrate and lost thanks to her Fury-- a "super power" that Derringer then attempted to unlock in her daughter through a series of horrific tortures that left her scarred mentally and physically. She was then brought to Gemini against her will at the behest of her mother-- only to find once she awoke that Derringer wasn't in the pack at all. Headstrong and tormented, Absinthe told the King what had happened to her and was given the leave to serve justice to Derringer-- and she did, once and for all.

Absinthe is played by Blondie.

Highlights:
Misfire
The World Ender
imagine, things finally settling

[Image: v2bDeIE.png]
FRANKY!

Francisca, another former Saboro member, similarly has trouble leaving her past behind. As in it literally followed her in the form of her family arriving on Gemini's borders. The ensuing scuffle was violent and traumatic for everyone involved, leaving much of the family injured. Franky has been struggling to heal in the months following the volcanic event that freed her from her former home. With her past haunting her (perhaps like an old, unstable ex-girlfriend...), she faces an uphill battle.

Franky is played by Spear.

Highlights:
separate we never will be
The Wild North
aridne's cheat code

[Image: Wu8W7p7.png]
LIVID!

Livid is among Gemini's hard working Rangers, seen more often on duty than at rest. A bit of a loner, this life seems to suit her just fine-- she grew up in a distant family and struggles with interpersonal relationships. This is not helped by her secretive nature and her sharp tongue, so the working life alone on Gemini's borders was perfect for her... OR SO IT SEEMS! Slow to trust, Livid is unlikely to give something for nothing, making her one of the hardest Rangers to impress.

Livid is played by RJ.

Highlights:
The colors Duke, the COLORS!
A New Beginning
what a strange dog

[Image: 3MTcCyJ.png]
IRON!

Iron was born in the late but great Tjenu (formerly known as the Blackblood Oasis) to a relatively large family. Since the beginning he has struggled to connect with and understand other people, but despite his struggles he's always tried his best to learn and use social cues... even if he doesn't always get it quite right. The world hasn't made it easy on him, either, almost as if there were all powerful beings devising ways to force him into incredibly uncomfortable situations! But that's crazy, RIGHT? What's definitely crazy is Iron's dedication to his work. He may not be the dreaded SABOR, but he bears the weight of the people around him all the same, and while he might not show it, every presumed failure sits like a stone.

Iron is played by Adiemus.

Highlights:
bullets for everyone
Blood Like Rust
that one scene from TLK

[Image: f7IZBjJ.png]
SYBELLA!

Sybella is everyone's favorite spitfire! This bonafide Aussie (where did you COME from Sybella??? one of the many mysteries that have us infatuated) came charging into Gemini (and our hearts) like she belonged there and nobody's been able to shake her since! What better doggo to showcase during the month of LOOOOOVE than our darling Sybella? This spontaneous character has heart-eyes to the extreme, charming Gemini's Eligible Bachelors from day one. She's been on the hunt for her soul mate and doesn't care who she has to push off a cliff to get what she wants (sorry, Iaera). Has she found her True Heart Forever Boy in Iron? Will she settle down and start a family like she's always dreamed, or is this just another walkabout? We can't wait to see what happens next.

Sybella is played by Vixxie.

Highlights:
third time's a charm???
Higher Calling
that one scene from TLK

[Image: nUwkPvm.png]
NECROS

Necros, a relative newcomer to Gemini, has captured our hearts and imaginations! A dual-ranked Ranger and Apothecary, Necros is a hard working individual who values quiet conversation with like-minded people and long walks by himself. Who can blame him? He’s run into mistaken identity with some of Gemini’s more rambunctious members (ironically, mistaken for Iron, who is often mistaken for someone else...), enough to keep any wolf up at night. We feel for your insomnia, Necros, we really do.

Necros is played by Reath.

Highlights:
Higher Calling
If Columbus was wrong, I’d drive straight off the edge
What’s this?

[Image: hqnw4jE.png]
EXCALIBUR

Excalibur, named after a sword we’re all familiar with, is a character we have come to love! A character with a troubled past, Excalibur has swallowed her fair share of ill-ease and jealousy in Gemini. It’s been hard for her to face the girl-queen Akira and the events that led to her ascension-- crowns and leadership have darkened Excalibur’s door before. Despite her history, she has been hard at work in Gemini, going so far as to help in reconstruction efforts. We can’t wait to see what she does next.

Excalibur is played by ypput.

Highlights:
In his castle strong brave reason sits beleaguer'd
White
you have arrived at your final destination

[Image: YMOLXhf.png]
HICKORY

Hickory is among our newest in Gemini, a refugee from the land of Borogrove seeking asylum after the witch hunter pack’s disbanding. He is also among Gemini’s more visually curious members, sporting three heads, something he is quite gunshy about. We can’t blame him-- he’s faced poor treatment and ostracization in the past for his unique physiology. While his appearances can be frightening to some, Hickory has proven to be a sweet and gentle soul. We hope he finds a home he feels safe in here in Gemini!

Hickory is played by Alue.

Highlights:
we’ll keep falling in love
eyes wide open
what’s black and white and red all over?

[Image: qVSnqIL.png]
STERLING

Sterling, the latest in questionable HATE siblings, has made quite a name for himself! Whether it’s raising an army of rats (or just letting them eat each other), picking on the weakest links in his own family, starting fights with the local pirates or going on romantic dates with his cousin (?), Sterling has DONE IT ALL. While his morals are certainly gray, he’s made it clear that nobody gets to hurt his family. Except him.

Sterling is played by Emily.

Highlights:
snow white but with reptiles
you know i love you
isn't it lovely

[Image: SWPifxr.png]
SHUCK

Shuck came roaring straight from the log flume and hasn’t stopped since! She’s gotta be getting hoarse by now, RIGHT? Uproarious and lacking civility with friend or foe, Shuck has certainly made a name for herself, screaming and fighting her way to the top. The type of girl to hit first and ask questions later, we’re unsure whether she’d prefer breaking our bones or our hearts. Can’t wait to find out!

Shuck is played by Waka.

Highlights:
snow white but with reptiles
bring a knife to a fistfight
a really stressful Discord rp with Shark just wait until you see it, jesus

[Image: fMBbD4z.png]
HARRIETTE

Harriette was one of the first born children of Gemini! As a child, she was a dreamy, far-off girl, content to stay within her own head more often than not. She went so far as to imagine reality as something different than what it was—something that lead to some hard falls when she found herself forced to face the truth. As an adult she’s still soft spoken and sweet, more likely to help than harm. She tends to Gemini’s sick and wounded beneath the Living Tree. It’s impossible not to love Harriette—something several wayward travelers have discovered for themselves!

Harriette is played by shortyhooz.

Highlights:
look mom, i'm making friends
Harriette isn't afraid of Gaven anymore
Unintended Consequences

[Image: HdwRvXG.png]
GAVEN

Gaven is Gemini’s resident elf, weird bird, “grandson” of the Queen, and lauded Loremaster. He’s also a giant troll. In fact, we were going to give this spot to Aiden, BUT SOMEBODY WENT AND KILLED HIM. Just kidding! The spotlight is just where Gaven wants to be, and it’s well earned. I mean, what other human-shaped-creature has learned to speak to animalkind as well as this guy? For all of his posturing and long winded (and possibly untruthful) stories, Gaven is a valuable and respected member of Gemini. Ask him about humans sometime, I dare ya!

Gaven is played by Corvo.

Highlights:
northbound
The Place of All Fears
40' Remain

[Image: stBVdMm.png]
DEIMOS

Deimos is among the firstborn of Gemini, heralding back from their time in the Reach. She’s grown a lot since those days, spearheading the pack’s research into the Fury. While still in the early stages of her efforts, she’s already uncovered some key aspects of what’s been and what may be—what she chooses to do with that knowledge is, of course, known only to Deimos. Pragmatic and secretive, nobody knows the depths to which Deimos has and will continue to dive.

Deimos is played by Eve.

Highlights:
Eclipse
Binary stars
Dragon's Blood

[Image: FTNb53t.png]
THE TORTURED GUARDIANS OF GEMINI

At night, the Rangers swear they hear the howl of a foreign pack ringing against the length of the wall. None of them have ever found the source, but they swear by their tails, they heard it. Skulls clatter against stone in the wind of an oncoming storm, and the howl dwindles to nothing. At the same time, a child ventures too deep into the bowels of an old forgotten castle labyrinth. They thought they heard someone crying, though no matter how hard they look, they never find that voice that calls to them. Do you want to play? They are there, surely as the wind whistles through the cracks that shouldn't exist. The ones who came. The ones that killed. Their bones lay broken, carved and bound to the very soil they fed with the blood of Gemini's children.

Their penance for their crimes, decreed by the land's King, is that they may never leave. For what these bitter, stained spirits did, they will forever walk the earth. They will pay the blood price again and again, on into eternity; and so, even when their bones crumble to dust, they will keep the land they harmed safe.

From what? Well. That's a very good question, isn't it?

Lilith is played by Kotake. Cancer is played by Rhiow.

Highlights:
Coronation Day
Hail to the Witch King

[Image: 3IodtFi.png]
ANGUS

HELLO SIRS AND MADAMS! I'm pleased to announce that Goodest Boy Angus is here to brighten everyone's day with good puppy cheer! Despite his hard start to life, this young buck tries to see things sunny-side up and I for one am very grateful for this bespectacled lad! Self proclaimed world-best adventurer and/or seeker, Angus sure has found his way into our hearts. Will he ever see his family again? Well, that's something I find myself wondering every day. We believe in you, Angus!

Angus is played by Angus.

Highlights:
Fight Or Flight
I am a lost boy from Neverland
Pieces

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - Witch. - November 01, 2017

Yay!! We really wanted to get this up in October but uh we forgot. Congrats eclipse we love you!

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - TranquilTempest - November 01, 2017

This is a sweet idea!

Congrats eclipse/Iaera!! <3

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - Witch. - November 01, 2017

Ps we encourage terrible fanart drama with mice and track pads (or actual fanart you know whatever)

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - Harley - November 01, 2017

Well deserved! I love this

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - Rhiow - November 01, 2017

[Image: z6gjJ87.png]

Please allow me to begin the fanartining

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - Vixxie - November 01, 2017

This is so awesome!!!! CONGRATS

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - .eclipse. - November 01, 2017

Aww guys I just saw this! This is so sweet! Thank you so much!

Iaera will take her employee member of the month picture and hang it on her den wall lovingly.

edit: and thankyou 4chun, I appreciate the killer fanart lol.

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Nov 2017 - Kotake - November 01, 2017

aww i love this idea

hi iaera

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Rhiow - December 04, 2017

A little late, but... check it out! December's a big month! My arms can barely hold all these members of the month!!!!!!!!! they're just.... spilling from between my fingers!!!!!!! this is a disaster!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Witch. - December 04, 2017

AAAAYYIEIEIEIEEEEEE!!! WE love you dudes!! !

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Spear - December 04, 2017

aaaah oh thank you!!! this is so sweet, thank you for the appreciation

hopefully now franky can take a vacation (haha as IF)

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - .eclipse. - December 04, 2017

Congrats all!

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Witch. - December 04, 2017

(December 04, 2017, 04:33:06 PM)Spear Wrote: aaaah oh thank you!!! this is so sweet, thank you for the appreciation

hopefully now franky can take a vacation (haha as IF)

until her ex inevitably shows up

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - TranquilTempest - December 04, 2017

Congrats, everyone!! Big Grin

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Vixxie - December 04, 2017

YESSS congrats guys!! I've stalked most(definitely all) of the RPs that are featured with these guys, too!

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Blondie - December 04, 2017

MY HEART ;0;

I NEEDED... THIS..........

bless you guys and bless my fellow DECEMBERERS!!!

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - Kay ✨ - December 04, 2017

CONGRATS

RE: Gemini Member of the Month!: Dec 2017 - RJ. - December 05, 2017

AH U GUYS ROCK THANK YOU

and congrats to everybody else too. This is such a sweet idea. <33