let the band play [prp]
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Falcate he/him
broken, but alive
Gemini
Pronouns: he/him
Played By: shortyhooz

All Accounts Posts: 1,053
(This post was last modified: November 10, 2018, 12:06:52 PM by Falcate.)

[Image: fxRP7W1.png]
They were in.

They somehow managed to successfully trek from the greasy grip of Saboro’s swamp-ridden and wretched lands, all the way through forests and beaches and glaciers and deserts – all the way to Gemini. Whatever the fuck that meant.

Deltoid had abandoned ship but didn’t do so without first spilling the beans that Serrate was, in fact, lurking about in this foreign land. There was a large part of Falcate that wanted to laugh at his daughter, to bark in her face “I told you so!”. But perhaps this was not the time, nor the place, for that kind of banter. Haldred was likely still fuming from their little encounter, and he knew better than to poke the bear. She was, after all, just like her father.

The duo made their way into Gemini’s land. Falcate’s nose was busy taking in all of the scents, smelling Serrate all over this place. With her scent being splattered all over everything here, he figured it shouldn’t be very hard to come across her by chance. He was sure their paths would cross sooner rather than later.

Falcate took steps of haste, Haldred keeping up with ease, never farther than a muzzle-length away – always within reach. It was something that, depending on the day, he found very comforting, or very smothering. Currently, Falcate was still bristling at the news of Derringer’s death – or murder perhaps – and was merely thankful that Haldred was around to steer him in the right direction (literally). He had a lot on his mind, and he was never quite sure how to process it.

What’s it look like, Haldred?” He asked his daughter, always relying on her to be his eyes when he was curious. He could smell trees and flowers and wildlife, but was never much of an imaginative creature. Haldred could always paint the pictures for him.

Suddenly a scent crossed his path, one that seemed fresh and near. His steps faltered and he paused for a moment, listening. “Who is that?” He asked, wondering if the stranger was within sight.

[Image: Xx0gEYa.png]
[-] Likes: DustyForgotten
Bellamy She/her
LOYALTY
Gemini
Pronouns: She/her
Rank [IC]: Recruit
Played By: LK

All Accounts Posts: 259
(This post was last modified: January 20, 2019, 06:25:04 PM by Bellamy.)

They were like her. Like mom, like Ahsoka, Solstice, Alice. The unmistakable browns and maroons, and when she first saw him she had to swallow a yelp from her throat, thinking Serrate had been in a terrible accident at first; until she actually really looked and realized … no, no, she didn’t recognize both of these strangers at all.

She knew she had, like, twenty older siblings. Were these … them? Did they know Bellamy even existed? Why did the male look so, so, so … AWFUL?

She hadn’t expected to be found out so quickly – master spy that she was – and so when the scarred wolf ordered to know who else was there, Bellamy retreated further back into the brush where she had been tracking them. Should Haldred come investigate, however, the pup would then, overcome with self-preservation, burst forth like a fox being smoked out of its den, probably crashing right into Haldred’s legs, and stretch out before them to appear as small and least offensive as was possible.

“Pl-please don’t be mad, d-dearest brother and sister! I didn’t mean to, to spy, I thought you were m-mom and wanted to make sure. I’m Buh – Bellamy … you know, your baby sister?” Dunno if you’ve heard, and all.

She licked her nose once, twice, and could not deign to look upon Falcate’s face for even a second. Whoever, whatever, did this to one of Serrate’s blood should be punished to the full extent of the law: that punishment ending, of course, with their skull adorning Gemini's crumbled wall. 

[Image: 4mMgffS.png]

Haldred She
Don't fucking touch my dad.
Gemini
Pronouns: She

All Accounts Posts: 843

[Image: camping_mood_bundle_by_kalakitten-dao3vrc.png]

[Image: yZpa2Bh.png]
#af5946

He knew what she thought about all of this, how little she thought of her aunt and the home she had made here. Haldred was a realist, and how could her father possibly be upset with her stance when it was the very thing he and Vapor had ingrained into their children from day one. To never trust anyone outside of their close knit family. It was the entire reason they had gone into hiding in the first place, no one in Saboro could be trusted. Serrate was every bit as much still Saboran, especially with how quickly she could leave family behind to suffer.

Was it wrong of her to constantly challenge her father's optimism? Perhaps, and some part of her did feel guilty for it, but it's what had kept them safe thus far. She was putting all that she had come to learn from that awful rain forest to use.

He grumbled at her side, and she flicked an ear.  "It's very hilly here, but we're getting closer to the treeline, there's a rather dense looking forest up ahead. Watch your step, and lean on me." She mumbled in reply, ears pulling back to the sound of birdsong and nostrils flaring to all sorts of unfamiliar scents. The ocean air seemed strong in the highlands. "Hm, they have poppy flowers here too." Eyeing the speckling of red the dotted a nearby hillside.

Falcate paused and she along with him, red eyes shooting him a look as he called out to the empty air. She was his eyes, sure, but with the loss of his sight came a heightening of his sense of smell. It came in handy more times than she could've ever counted. She broke from his side, to search, teeth ready and bared. Like a hunting dog rousing a pheasant into flight, she struck out in the tall grass and out popped a??? CHILD??

Red eyes narrowed at the familiar hues of brown and reddish brows. The child speaking up in a stammering reply that cause Haldred's lip to curl. "It's a fucking kid." The young woman spat, biting back the bile as she did so. "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you. Spy on us again and I'll break your fucking spine." The threat was only further accentuated by the ugly snarl she wore on her face, moving to snap her jaws in an attempt to spook Bellamy.

It only struck her then that the kid's coloration was little more than just coincidence. Still practically bristling, she backed off, eyeing the girl suspiciously. "Who's your mom? Where's your mom?" It was said coolly, but somehow still managed to sound threatening as well?

Cause I need a weapon
In my possession
To keep me grounded
I'm sorry but I'm too far gone
« profile played by: waka »

Falcate he/him
broken, but alive
Gemini
Pronouns: he/him
Played By: shortyhooz

All Accounts Posts: 1,053

[Image: fxRP7W1.png]
ooc: awkward overlap of my previous post because I don’t know how to fucking roleplay, alright

Haldred spoke, describing the land at her father’s request despite being clearly upset about their situation. Falcate knew his daughter was irritated with the choices he was making, but perhaps this would all turn into a good lesson of ‘listen to your God damned father’. They’d find out sooner or later, if they could track down Serrate.

At the mention of poppies, Falcate felt something strange within him. Nostalgia, maybe. As much as he despised Saboro for what it became, he lived in those swampy lands for his entire life up until now, and those poppies would sure be a sight for sore eyes…

When he sensed another presence, Haldred paused with him. She tensed beside him before leaving to investigate. Suddenly a voice erupted, addressing a brother and sister… To not be mad? The young voice stammered, and Falcate struggled to follow the conversation. Did this kid think that they were its siblings? Interesting…

“It’s a fucking kid.” Haldred said in her usual spitfire tone. “I don’t know you, and I don’t care to know you. Spy on us again and I’ll break your fucking spine.” Feeling more at ease now knowing the stranger was just a child, Falcate nearly laughed at this statement. He loved when Haldred threatened the young or the weak. She had no boundaries for who to bury in the dirt, she simply threatened those who she felt deserved it.

Poor kid probably shit herself.

But something must have piqued Haldred’s curiosity, something which Falcate was missing. She asked Bellamy who her mother was, and where she was. The old male cocked his head slightly, wondering why Haldred suddenly gave a shit. Falcate didn’t recognize the name Bellamy at all, though now that he was paying closer attention, the scent was slightly familiar. Perhaps this would bring them closer to Serrate.

The battered male sat, simply observing what he could from the sidelines, remaining silent. He decided to let Haldred take the lead on this one, especially since it didn’t seem Bellamy was at risk of having her face chewed off any longer. For now, anyway.

[Image: Xx0gEYa.png]
Bellamy She/her
LOYALTY
Gemini
Pronouns: She/her
Rank [IC]: Recruit
Played By: LK

All Accounts Posts: 259
(This post was last modified: January 20, 2019, 06:25:33 PM by Bellamy.)

What a case of mistaken identity! Haldred snapped at the pup with a soldier’s threats, even so far as jab gleaming teeth inches away from Bell’s face, who was busy stumbling back into the brush. You can’t say those things to me, she had wanted to cry out. I’m royalty here and if you so much as harmed a hair on my head–

The words stuck in her throat. The scarred male in the back looked pretty amused at what his precocious daughter was doing. Ugh.

Now she hoped they weren’t related at all.

“My m-m-mom is S-Serrate. Isn’t … she y-yours, too?”

What else could explain away the trio’s likeness to each other?

(Certainly, the fact that Serrate could have siblings was completely lost on the child; mom and dad didn’t have siblings! Bellamy had siblings. Bellamy had many siblings. It was sort of like … mom and dad were wolf!Adam and wolf!Eve; they were the only ones of their kind. To find out Haldred was a cousin would be completely unfathomable, but we’re getting ahead of ourselves here.)

“If, if you’re not my s-siblings, and if y-you don’t know who my m-mom is … then g-g-g … GET OUT! You’re both m-m-mean and ugly! I won’t take you to my mom, even if you break my SUH … SPINE!”

[Image: 4mMgffS.png]

[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, waka