union of the snake
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Telana she
Salamander
Alteron
Pronouns: she
Rank [IC]: The Hierophant

All Accounts Posts: 843

alteron, we're finally HERE AT THE PARTY!!!

okay so, if you could pop in here with your character before you start posting in inaria that'd be great!
as always bullet point posts are perfectly fine and acceptable!
we're under inaria law so be mindful that if your character does something it icly, they'll have to face ic consequences if they're caught.

backstory:
- ghost extended an invite to us as a show of good faith and further seal the alliance between us
- telana offered that alteron would bring food, so we're carrying a big ol caravan of stuff
- since we have no kids you guys are more than welcome to teach the young lil babies, or just mingle with people, it's up to you!!

have fun, be strange, you funky lil cowboys

[Image: ethhttrhrh_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-daqbxi4.png]

[Image: cacti_by_gunsweat-da56hqn.png]
#e34234

Three days, maybe two? It had taken for them to reach the borders of Inaria, a small handful of them having taken it upon themselves to join her for the trip to Inaria. It didn't surprise her that Falco opted for staying behind, he was a wild card, yes, but Telana was sure the Magus liked the security of his kingdom. What did surprise her however was her nephew, Cocytus, the Sun. He sprang at the idea, and in any other situation the woman would have raised a brow and heckled the reason out of him, but he had prior knowledge of Inaria and its people, and that was an indispensable resource.

The night they left she had been to the Star, collecting whatever medical needs were necessary for her to make this trip. She'd have enough for the trip there and back, brilliant. Though even now, through the careful dosage of herbs, she could feel the familiar ache of her joints.

The Hierophant paused, looking back to her people as the sun greeted her face for the first time in what felt like forever. Amber eyes would fall upon the food they had brought with them. She had promised King Ghost a show of good faith, and Lana had settled on keeping such promises. "We're here." She addressed them calmly, but that air of authority hung from her words, side eyeing Cocytus wherever he stood before looking back to the group. "Before I allow you to step foot into this pack, allow me to address somethings first." Her fur bristled as keen eyes scanned each of their faces.

"This is not our home, we are under their law, so don't do anything that will see to you getting in trouble, secondly, the Major Arcana are working towards a fruitful alliance with Inaria, don't mess this up for us." The ground work being laid down, she'd flick her tail. "They're just as much strangers to us as we are to them, remember that, flapping lips sink ships." Whatever threat she was alluding to wouldn't be dished out by her, as much as she loved her secrets. The boys took pleasure in that sort of thing. "Lastly, we are here to represent Alteron, to show them how we are. Show them only what WE want them to see." An uneasiness stirred within her as she moved to the side.

"Now go, and make us proud."

Nobody knows everything
We know this to be true
Everything is difficult
Except what's in front of you
« aesthetic profile played by: waka »

[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, Emily., Huckle
Schorl She/Her
Alteron
Alteron
Pronouns: She/Her
Rank [IC]: Jack
Played By: Bea

All Accounts Posts: 227

Schorl was sure she wasn't into puppies. Honestly between being born a single pup and living on her own after she had had no experience with the yappy fluffballs, but the idea didn't appeal to the hellion. So why go to a puppy party? Learn to love the future wolf generations? Thrill of adventure? Nothing so grand. Schorl was bored. The only reason she signed up to be a Jack in the first place was to get out of the soggy forest every now and then, and this was the first time she had laid paws outside of Alteron since recruited. She did not, however, sign up to pull the doggy bag along.

The hellion was not very big, so her travois wasn't heavy laden. The gift of game birds and rabbits were drug behind her the last few days, something Schorl knew wasn't in her job description but far be it from her to refuse direction from the Major Arcana. The complaints were wisely kept silent as she trodded behind her limping alpha. Telana kept a solid pace, all things considered. It was quite admirable. This disability would not hold the Heriophant back, she was a leader as solid as the others.

As the sun rose the purple trees could be spotted in the distance. Misshapened ears twirled forward as she took in the scene. This was no Alteron, this place was bright and inviting. The scent from the trees cold be taken in even at this distance. Schorl didn't have much time to admire the land for Telena turned and addressed the crew. The hellion listened carefully, though much of what she said was easily assumed. Comparatively she was a well behaved member of Alteron, she knew how to mind her p's and q's, and knew the rhetoric she was to say when questioned about her homeland.

"Thank you," Schorl said with a respectful dip of her horned head, "I'll be on my best behavior, as I'm sure everyone else will be."

Now. To find an Inarian to dump this food off to.

[Image: iM73bvi.png]
[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, waka
Connor he/him
Page of Alteron
Alteron
Pronouns: he/him
Rank [IC]: Page
Played By: Kay Yasha

All Accounts Posts: 139
(This post was last modified: October 09, 2018, 03:09:35 AM by Connor.)

[Image: GQztaYT.png]
Dragging along their supplies did little to keep Connor's mind occupied. He had been...twitchy since leaving home. Not enough really show, just a constant movement of his ears as he scanned the surroundings. The purple trees were off putting to say the least. The scent of so many wolves that he didn't know even more so.

Connor understood the reason alliances were important. Resources to pull from and armies to call if it ever came to it. That did not mean he enjoyed the thought of leaving Alteron's border. The lanky wolf was a creature of habit. He liked his orders. And his route around Alteron. There he could have the illusion of control. This place? It was all unknowns. Even those he had met before could react in ways that Connor couldn't anticipate here. The Page was uncomfortable, but this trip was important to Major Arcana. Connor always did his job.

Telana laid out the rules clearly and quickly as they approached. Good behavior, no true secrets shared but hopefully some gained from their hosts. But not at the cost of their hosts' hospitality. This was something that Connor could do, skirt around the edges with a pleasant face and a few safe stories of home. Connor wouldn't so much as bare his teeth without the say so of The Hierophant.

Connor found himself somewhat pleased to see Schorl as part of the presession. This was the Jack's work most of all. Hopefully they could help their alphas bring back something more valuable than the food they bought.

"Of course Telana." He answered quietly. 

[Image: UOSi7rz.png]
Miasma She
Wyrmling Rosedarling
Alteron
Pronouns: She
Rank [IC]: Denizen

(This post was last modified: October 14, 2018, 06:23:26 PM by Miasma.)

[Image: TI16FtO.png]
[Image: damaskesque___journal_divider_by_dreamiez-d77zxx8.png]
  She follows the procession of her pack, close to the rear, hoping to help, but never quite interjecting enough to offer. Her fur doesn't feel quite so heavy here, but she keeps searching for someone she knows, and finding none. Why did she volunteer alone? Why did she leave Alteron?

You left Oukoku, didn't you?

Miasma barely misses bumping up against the wolf ahead of her as they stop, standing one paw in the air and wide-eyed. It's pretty, but so very strange. She listens to the Heirophant absently, taking in the strange new surroundings and smells. Finally, they start to scatter, speech closed, and she makes a split decision of who to follow. Hello knows she won't go into this unfamiliar world alone.
[Image: damaskesque___journal_divider_by_dreamiez-d77zxx8.png]

[Image: skull_thingy__f2u__by_dionaethius-dapdof9.png]
[Image: save_me_ii_f2u_icon_by_aisuu_chann-dapt71i.gif]
If blood is thicker than water then
You'll drown quicker than we intended
If blood is thicker than water then
You'll know where to find us in the end

[Image: Ni8UrEJ.png]
[-] Likes: waka
Orcrist He/Him
GLUTTON
Alteron
Pronouns: He/Him
Location [IC]: Alteron
Rank [IC]: Chariot
Played By: Gothy

All Accounts Posts: 1,031

[Image: orctitle_by_lunecy-dboiega.png]
Finally, he was doing something new and adventurous. Something he hadn't ever done before despite being the Chariot — the Commandant — whatever have you. He was a true child of Alteron as he had never set foot outside even while he was on duty around the border. No, he wasn't like the woman right beside him who took advantage of her position to fall in love.

Had it been worth it, my dear?

Orcrist could tell she was so awestruck, that her eyes opened wider now that the chains were off her ankles. She still had them tightly around her neck as he guided her behind the Hierophant, not letting her get too much freedom, but allowing her enough room to taste it. He had, after all, promised her that much.

It wasn't long until Telana stopped the group to make a quick speech. They had arrived at Inaria's front door, and for a moment, Orcrist felt odd. A tightness in his chest that he hadn't felt in such a long time, or even if at all. He was about to enter a place he was taught from birth to hate, that this place was the enemy. They were here now as supposed friends and making steps toward an alliance. How times certainly changed and he wondered if Rapier was rolling in her fucking grave.

Probably not.

Olive eyes dropped over to Cuff, a firm smile set into his features. "Y'hear that? Behave y'self." A soft warning, but those sharp eyes told it was more than just a warning. "I'll find yah later." he said before moving forward past anyone who stood to wait for an invitation. The Chariot had things to do.

That food made him oh so hungry.

✦ ✦ Speech Text ✦ ✦
[Image: wolf_skull_by_nayuki910-d5dlzpz.gif]

And they shall say
unto the elders of his city,
This our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice;
he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
Deuteronomy 21:20

[Image: orcrist_by_lunecy-dboe7pd.png] [Image: orcrist_by_lunecy-dboe7pm.png] [Image: orcrist_by_lunecy-dboe7pj.png]

Cuff She/Her
Alteron
Alteron
Pronouns: She/Her

All Accounts Posts: 409
(This post was last modified: October 24, 2018, 01:00:42 PM by Cuff.)

CUFF

She hadn't said a word on the first day of the journey.

Could it be?

She hadn't said a word on the second.

Was she dreaming?

She didn't say a word now.

Was this real?

From the beginning of their journey to the end of it, Cuff had been naught but a silver shade. Beneath the Chariot's watchful eye, she'd kept a steady pace with the group, carrying whatever provisions she could, treading as close to the edge of their formation as much as the man who kept her close allowed.

(There weren't as many faces to look at this way, less people to feel caged in by if they didn't surround her from all sides.)

She had made longer journeys before, once upon a time. Her feet had once scaled the spines of mountains and danced along the moonlight tresses of whispering seas. She'd been younger then, much younger than she was now, her spirit more wild and wilful. Full of life.

Now, she was just a tired woman — a shackled woman, who, despite savouring the length of the journey and the distance that it drew her from Alteron, now simply looked forward to the rest ahead. 

She barely registered the Hierophant's words as the ginger haired woman stood close by with the Sun, sternly addressing the entire group. She barely managed, after a delayed pause, an acquiescing nod to Orcrist as he rumbled a quiet warning in her ear. Her red eyes instead gazed forward, as frozen as the rest of her, completely fixated on the captivating vision that invited them all in. 

Inaria, she thought, the name almost reverent in her mind, like a soft prayer. The gravity in her aloof gaze gradually softened, easing into wonder.

It was beautiful. Undeniably so.

She hoped the people were kind.

coding © vixxie's codes

[Image: DS7F2yG.png]

I felt the essence, I chased incandescent hope
Ethereal world, take my soul
I covered all the distance, took all directions
Between two rivers, I’ve seen the land of cold
With both hands I grasped the frost and vanished in the ocean
In this labyrinth, I felt whole within the hissing roars
Ethereal world, take my soul

Profile - Played by Huckle
[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, Emily., Gothy, waka
Pawprint she
10% Sweet Tea
Packmate
Pronouns: she

(This post was last modified: October 23, 2018, 08:21:10 PM by Pawprint.)

Rooter didn't mind carrying the food so long as he had other food around him to eat.

He should be fattening up for the winter.  It was strange traveling now with the weather getting cooler.  There were lots of nuts and roots on the journey so he was grateful.  Rooter felt it.  In his bones.  He was near his old weight before the humans captured him.  All seven hundred pounds of him and then some.  Yes!

Telana's words brought him to focus.  Best behavior.  No problem.  A grizzly bear with wolves.  Problem.  Problem problem problems.  Was there a law against bears in Inaria?  Sabres were a threat, but the bear knew nothing about his kind threatening the dire wolves.  No bears warned him of conflict with the pack when they gathered for salmon runs in the past.  Rooter looked around as he took in the purple trees and smelled the fall flowers.  Fooood.  Focus!

Maybe...maybe sticking to Telana was best.  They would think he was he guard or something and leave him be.

Wait...
...that smell...
...was another bear.

His eyes widened.  "Moonachie..."

Rooter briskly walked to Telana, leaning into her ear, hoping he wasn't invading her personal space too long as he whispered to her.  

"There is another bear here.  Old, smaller than me, smells like flowers.  Kin.  Seek her."

He wanted to say more, but he spent enough time close to her.

8/3/18: Might be slow for the foreseeable future