Open  Just around the corner [open for 1]
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Neda she
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: she

(This post was last modified: May 29, 2018, 07:18:57 AM by Neda.)

Tiny paws tapped along the shore of a small river. A beautiful spring sunset was spilling over the water, coloring it in hues of orange and pink. The constant rumbling calmed the little puppy -- and it was also the only trail she could follow. Her home den was by a lake, and she knew rivers flowed into lakes. So, she had been following the first river she saw for a day and a half now, looking to find her way back home. She was so sure of herself when she ran away form the jackal lady - she had a whole plan laid out and knew exactly what she as going to do. She didn't yet know how big the world is, and how many places where a pup can get lost in there really were.

'If you don't stray too far and you follow your nose -- you'll always find your way back to us.' 

Her mama used to say to her, when she'd lose her way. But she wasn't lost back then, not really. Home always used to be just a short sprint away, she needed only howl for help and mom or dad were there to show her the way home. Now -- now she had strayed too far. Now, she was truly lost. She was beginning to realize that, and a stinging fear began to grip her, a feeling she'd never known before. It felt colder than the coldest water, and it was sharper than the sharpest stone. It was the fear of being really, truly, alone.

She couldn't find her way forward, and she couldn't trace her way back either. She'd howled, many times. But the jackal lady didn't come. Her mama didn't come, nor papa. Her tummy was tucked so far up against her back that she'd lost the rounded belly look of a puppy. Her eyes had sunk back in their sockets and her head drooped down -- she looked overly miserable. Not eating for just two days had quickly stumped her energy, and another day without food would likely leave her stranded on a rock, awaiting to be picked off by an opportunistic eagle. 

She didn't stop though. Whenever she did, the fear she felt would paralyze her, so she kept walking. Her paws ached, and her head swam with thoughts of her parents, her sister, and the jackal lady telling her that her parents are dead, and that if she runs off -- she'll die. But even in this dreadful situation, she refused to accept any of it. Her parents were not dead. They would come back -- they probably did already! And she wasn't there. They were probably looking for her right now. She just had to find them. Perhaps over the next turn of the river, she'd see the lake, smell the familiar scents of her home and find her mother and father fishing by the shore. She puled back her head -- it swung a little on her thin neck before she steadied herself -- and she howled again : a weak, but clear call for help.
Neda she
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

(This post was last modified: May 29, 2018, 07:18:14 AM by Neda.)

ooc: just a quick bump. If anyone wants to drop by and find this pup, be welcome! Open to one other player, as she'll later be picked up to join Gemini. (if you're form Gemini, even better!)

I can post pretty much every day and I'd prefer a faster pace over long posts, so if you're quick like me, feel free to join Smile
Eve

//
Neda she
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

(This post was last modified: June 03, 2018, 07:35:55 AM by Neda.)

Something hacked at Risana's throat and her howl silenced. Thirsty. She clambered down the big oval rock she was perching on to reach the water. She lapped a couple mouthfuls and stuck her muzzle in the current to freshen up. A shock of the cold washed against her face, but she didn't flinch. If the jackal lady did come back for her, did she have to apologize? She dreaded the idea, but she also dreaded being hungry and alone for another day. She began to rehearse her apology in her head, while blowing bubbles through her nose in the water. Beneath the glimmering surface and the frothing foam from her bubbles, tiny fish swam by close enough for Risana to think she can catch one.

The pup leaped into the current mouth open, making a big splash but the fish were small and quick and the pup was clumsy and a moment later they were gone and the pup was pulling her head out the water, water poring off of her in long drizzles. The fishing attempts had been going on for a while now. She'd seen her mom do it and was very frustrated with the technique not working. She clambered back on to the rock, now wet to her belly and shook it off. Her wet ears clapped against each other loudly. The coolness of the water in the cool air of the late evening was very pleasant, but she had to press on and find a safe place to sleep -- it was almost dusk. She was starting to panic again, the anxiety returning to her chest. She jumped off the oval rock but then -- 

Someone was walking towards her. How did they get so close all of a sudden? Risana froze -- friend or foe? 

"Hello?" 

The pup looked quite miserable with her fur half-wet and her big puppy ears flat against her scruffy wet head. The wolf had scars all over. Would another wolf hurt her? She took a couple steps back and was glancing left and right for ways to sprint off if the stranger bared their teeth or ran towards her. Her heart beat very fast, knowing she can't outrun a grown up. Her eyes fell to the ground and were scattering on the ground around her, looking for a way out.

"It's okay, I'm a friend. My name is Eve. Are you alright?" 

A friend... A friend! That was great! Wide green, puppy eyes returned to stare at the stranger with vigor and Risana relaxed, if only just a bit -- as the lady still looked like a warrior of sorts. "Um -- I'm hungry." She said, waving her tail a couple of times stiffly behind her and lowering her head. Risana thought Eve looked more like a skinny blond bear than a wolf, and bears were scary. "Have you seen a lake? I'm looking for a lake." She was hopeful. Grown-ups knew places, they traveled and could find their way around. Maybe Eve could hep her find it, and possibly give her a snack. Her tummy growled at the idea.
Eve

//
Neda she
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

(This post was last modified: July 03, 2018, 12:08:13 PM by Neda.)

"A lake -- is that where your parents are?" 

She had seen it, she had seen it! The lake... home. Risana's green eyes widened full of hope. She sprang a step forward, one front paw hanging in mid air and her tail wagging. "Yes! We live there, with my sister!" A glooming thought tapered her excitement. That wasn't true. And she had to be honest with the bear lad-- with Eve. 

"Er, we used to. The jackal lady took us then, one moon ago. She said they're dead, my parents, but she's doesn't know that!" She blurted on all too fast and with increasing emotion. Perhaps the hunger and exhaustion had played with the pup's head, for she was swinging from one frame of mind to another in mere moments. She glanced sideways with contempt for the jackal and scorn for her sister, trying to compose herself. 

"Stay right there, I'll find you something to eat."

Stay here? Was Eve going to leave? As the golden wolf moved away, Risana sprang to follow her. "No wait, I'll come with! I'm not that hungry! Wait-" But Eve strode on long grown up legs and Risana stumbled in a miss-matched and tangled pursuit. The grasses along the river proved to be considerable obstacles for the tired pup and inevitably she fell behind. The golden figure grew smaller and Risana slowed to a stop, peeking up through the grass with longing. She thought she saw Eve jump along the shore. She battled on through the grass again and squeezed out onto a clear area, where she saw the she-wolf walking back to her with her mouth full of something.  

"They probably aren't your favorite, but they'll fill your belly. The legs are the best bits." 

The two big frogs made a disturbing squishing sound as they dropped to the ground in front of her. There was a moment of hesitation form the pup, but hunger won over instantly. She dug hungrily into the first frog, stepping on it's body to break the skin and messily trying to avoid impaling her lip with the needle bones. She was almost done with the first one when she heard Eve ask of her name. "Risana." She spoke with her mouth half-full, well into the second frog, but still eating hungrily. By the time she was finally finished eating she was utterly full. She took a deep breath and sat back to have a rest, with her hind legs flat off to one side under her round belly, licking her small bloodied maw.

She noticed that Eve had patiently been sitting in waiting. She was happy she'd not left yet and wandered to herself how to convince her to stay with her longer. "Thank you." She finally thought to say. She could hear her father's voice so clearly in her head, critiquing her rudeness. "Will you stay? Just for a little bit, until I find them?" She realized that she's asking for quite a lot, and it was unlikely that this stranger would bother to roam about with her on her quest. The jackal lady certainly hadn't. "I don't think it's very far." She said, trying to make it seem like less of a bother. And really, how far away could it be?

[Image: pup_313.png]
DA   ||    Risana