Jonas He/Him
Gemini
Gemini
Pronouns: He/Him
Location [IC]: Gemini
Rank [IC]: Consort/Courtier/Royal Guard
Played By: Rhiow

All Accounts Posts: 570
(This post was last modified: November 04, 2017, 11:23:07 AM by Rhiow.)

The long awaited Skills thread! Jonas might even be giving RANKS out as well!

Set shortly before the party.

The wall was built. They christened it with bones that clattered as the wind whistled through the places in between. This, their bottle of champagne shattered upon bowed boughs. So it was and so it would continue to be. The people wanted to celebrate—the Don declared that it would be so. She began her preparations, and as an extension of her hand, so, too, did he.

The King wanted space. She directed him to count her younger siblings. He did, once, twice, tracking all he could find down. A busy morning, and as he counted and recounted, he realized the number was not right. Akira spoke to her mother. He would not interrupt them, but he couldn’t help but find himself preoccupied in that nine was not nine any longer. Numbers did not simply change. He wasn’t one to loaf around and think long and hard on why nine was now five—it could be for a number of reasons. Readily ones that he was not aware of. He might be an extension of the crown, but he knew well enough that in the end, the Don held all the secrets.

So, instead, without her guidance, he put himself to work. She wanted a party. King and Queen put their heads together and planned it. But it was the consort that would ensure they got what they wanted. Surely there was no greater purpose than this. Surely there was no need to worry why nine was now five.

He paces the length of wall that comprised of the gap, eyes lingering on the empty sockets of the horrors that came before. He does not roar for them, never having the voice, but whuffs softly, a sound that carried with surprising efficiency over scrublands and sweet grass hills. Come, come, directed the consort to his King’s people. He was no leader but time and again found himself leading—perhaps he had been wrong, and it was the Don who was right. That was it. The Don was always right.

He sat and awaited the ones who would come, a lion among the pack, his head held high as the skulls clattered behind him. Why was it five and not nine? He redirects and distracts himself from a problem so simple as the math not adding up, addressing the pack with little preamble—“Tell me what you are good at.” There was no name, no title, and no reason at all for them to have come at all—except that he was a lion and wolves were born to follow directions. There was quite a lot of irony in that!

He knew wolves were good at jumping to conclusions, of course. They were in a hurry to do most things. He waits with his infinite patience for their answers, hoping that in doing something that he would forget the nine to five.

[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, LK, Witch.
Iaera She/Her
Gemini
Gemini
Pronouns: She/Her
Rank [IC]: Ranger & Whisper
Played By: .eclipse.

All Accounts Posts: 358

[Image: cv4TX4u.png]
|✬| gemini |✬|
the nymph; whisper & ranger

Another patrol, another patrol, more motion in Gemini. Sometimes Iaera wondered if she didn't spend so much time on the borders if she would have more companions in the pack. Lonely yet afraid of connection still after all this time. She sighed, moving on top of the wall, finally comfortable atop it's massive height. The little Ranger watched listlessly, almost as if she was growing tired of patrolling for Gemini. It was always her and the blue woman and occassionally one other.  There was such a lack that Iaera felt obligated to continue doing it despite being more interested in making friends and doing her other job. The maiden was infinitely more interested in being a Whisper than a Ranger but her sense of duty was stronger than her personal desire.

And so she kept taking steps, violet eyes staring out plainly at the lowlands of Gemini.

The woman was humming lightly, singing a song in Latin in her head when she saw the form of Jonas. Her jaw tightened for a moment, lions were still terrifying to her, but she'd seen him once before. Maybe twice? She didn't recall, but she was certain it was him that scolded Ghost in that mess on the border. A large devious smirk came onto her face and she giggled at the thought. As much as she didn't want to dislike anyone, she sure disliked Ghost. The wolfdog lingered on the border for a minute, waiting to see what Jonas was doing, and if he needed some sort of assistance-- she wasn't sure what she could do to assist a lion though. Either way she was curious, and she watched with calm eyes, feeling comfortable up on the wall as he settled himself and let out an interesting noise. A summons? Iaera wasn't sure who he was, just that he only seemed to ever be around Akira, he was important to the King. Loyal to the King. That was enough to convince her to come, but she was finally getting bolder, bold enough to ask questions when they came to her.

"You're always around the King," the Whisper had kicked in now as she edged down the steps looking to Jonas calmly. "Who are you? I've seen you before but I don't know your name, or your rank..." The small woman settled down near him, her posture slightly guarded, trying to pretend she wasn't as intimidated by the sheer height and girth of the Consort. When the male finally spoke, Iaera was slightly confused but she answered all the same. "I speak Latin, I could teach it if anyone wanted to learn."

[Image: f7Tqbvl.png]

[Image: 3Uda1h5.png]

.profile.
.played by eclipse.
[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, LK
.Ghost. He/Him
Glowy Wolverine Creature
Gemini

All Accounts Posts: 40

Got you!

Large jowls snapped violently at his unsuspecting prey from beneath the rushing currents, the wolverine creature's webbed paws pressing against the current and navigating the stream with great ease.  In a mere manner of moments the male made his way towards the murky banks, large stocky paws stepping on land whilst carrying his large prize clenched tightly within his jowls. A grin tugged at the corner of his as the trout flailed about and he lay down on the ground before tearing into it and greedily wolfing it down. He heaved a large sigh his belly full and curled up to rest when suddenly he heard a soft noise. 

Jonas.

Ghost only recognized the sound from having served his punishment under the lion; however, he still was uncertain quite how to feel about the feline as of yet. Truthfully, he owed him a great deal of thanks for allowing him stay in Gemini and an enormous amount of gratitude for not eating him. The wolverine knew he was most certainly on thin ice with a number of them and it was best not to ignore the summons of he superior. A groan escaped him before climbing to his feet and stretching, shaking his pelt dry and allowing water droplets to fall on either side of him.  He started off towards the wall begrudgingly, "Alright, alright." He muttered to himself, "I'm coming.

Oh, not you.

It took little time for the wolverine to arrive at the wall where Jonas waited for them; however, his cyan eyes caught a glimpse of another with him. Ghost grimaced to himself upon spotting Iaera and rolled his eyes before silently making his way toward the scene in the midst of her already being entirely too chatty. He settled himself down after muttering the words 'princess' barely audible and taking his seat several meters from her and sitting down upon his haunches, tail wrapping comfortably around his body and pushing out his chest. He licked the corner of his lips and his gaze left Iaera to fall back upon Jonas.

“Tell me what you are good at.”

Ghost looked upon Jonas after a few moments rather glad it got straight to the point, "I'm a strong swimmer and can fish well." He began after a few moments recalling having did some work for Jonas for his punishment, "I may be small, but I'm also fierce. I can hunt land animals pretty well too." He added after a few moments. He frowned after a few moments furrowing his brows, "Honestly, cannot say I've much else. I've been a captive for awhile before going out on my own. So survival I suppose."

[Image: xpwnpem_by_stormy_the_wolf-daexyia.png]
Away
Corrosion He/Him
Gemini
Gemini

All Accounts Posts: 368

Corrosion had found himself lacking purpose lately.  He had stayed far enough away from others, only strayed enough to find a friend in Zehava and a new recruit for Gemini.  He was not craving attention, nor did he think he needed to be in the center of it, but he did strive for something to amount to.  Zeke himself had a rank, a Ranger- though Corrosion did not even know of a single recruit that Zeke had so willingly let into Gemini.  Then again, he had been more of a hermit and had no idea about their grandmother and grandfather being in Gemini-  but that might be for the best for now.  

He had no yearning to see any of his family at the moment, he was still trying to work through his own things, however-  the need for doing something productive was overwhelming.  Perhaps if he did have a rank, it would let him have a reason for staying so far away from everyone.  So when the call that Akira's lion had put out found his ears, he found himself wanting.  He hated that he felt the need and the drive to prove himself, but the words of Zeke echoed in his mind.  Bastard. The name, Corrosions namesake rang clear in his mind, and he did not want Zeke to be right.  He would prove that smug shit wrong, he would become greater then Zeke (and he would in one aspect that he was not aware of yet).  So went to Jonas' call, with a new purpose brewing, but he would make sure to keep himself well guarded.

As he came into the small meeting, he saw a few others he did not know yet.  A very bright individual, although this was a physical description and not one on the intelligence of this new stranger.  And another, grey and brown in color.  Small, meek, someone Corrosion would possibly find himself protecting if the need came for it.  Then of course there was Jonas- Akira's lion.  It seemed he called the meeting together, he was not sure what thermal meeting was about, until Jonas spoke.  Simple, but to the point.  Corrosion admired that, getting the point across with no need of spewing more words.  Using a paragraph when only five words would suffice.  

"Tell me what you're good at-"

It was an easy question- for some maybe.  Corrosion was good at many things, as of late he was very good at almost sentencing his siblings to death by his own hand-  but he was sure Jonas did not want to hear that.  He listened to the others- the small one was observant, but asked a lot of questions before answering his.  The other- the bright one seemed a little more inclined to tell what he was good at.  He waited until the other was finished before answering Jonas himself. "I am proficient at... restraining others."  Which was not a lie, he had restrained both Zeke and Lev in a matter of minutes.  Both who were fighting for their lives.  "... if the need is necessary."

[Image: by_gothy_by_e0triceratops-daphq6r.png]
Away
Calufrax He/Him
Gemini
Gemini

All Accounts Posts: 368
(This post was last modified: November 09, 2017, 01:21:54 PM by Calufrax.)

Tell me what you are good at.” 

Calufrax was good at many things, making friends (or maybe not that since his only friend had left even without saying goodbye to him, but that was ok they would be missed.), saying things that needed to be said.  He was also good at catching food, protecting, yelling, clawing, sleeping, snoring, swimming, rolling, using the liter box, bathing, and many other things.  Calufrax came into the meeting knowing none of those that had gathered, but he considered them all his new friends and comrades regardless.

When his eyes fell to the one that had called the meeting, he smiled, his large fangs protruding out further then usual when he saw his brother sitting there with the authority.  Eyes gleamed and he was happy to see another feline n this land, he had been afraid he would be alone here, in the pack of wolves and other strange creatures, but this was the first cat he had seen, and he was elated."Brother! I am Calufrax, and I am good at many things! Which one of these things would you like for me to display for you?"  Calufrax called out in his loud, booming voice. He wanted to do good here in Gemini, he wanted to help out those he called his friends, this new family he had stumbled upon.  If this meant for him to watch after the small children of the pack, he would do so!  If this meant for him to go into battle for them he would do that also!  If it meant for him to carry the small children on his back into battle, he could also do that!  If it meant for him to toss small children out of harms way, that was terrific he was gifted in tossing small children!  Calufrax would do whatever his brother, and his new family needed hi to do.  

Calufrax wanted to prove to this brother, and those others that had gathered (though they were small) that he would do whatever it was to protect those here form harm, and that he was an asset to the pack, and that he would not let any harm befall any of them.  This was his new family.  It was his new duty.  

[Image: by_bander__transparent__by_e0triceratops-dar3btp.png]
[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, LK, Rhiow
Excalibur She/Her
And sparkled keen with frost against the hilt...
Gemini
Played By: ypput

All Accounts Posts: 185
(This post was last modified: November 15, 2017, 07:44:08 PM by Excalibur.)

The call was low and sonorous, not the sound any wolf had ever made but still it was a summons to all abroad and Excalibur answered it. Curiousity laced with ambition guided her - She wanted to know what went on in this place, what made it tick, who was who and, more importantly, who influenced who. The King and Queen ruled, but who was the rook, the knight, the pawn?

Jonas was not unfamiliar though she could not name him; she had seen him before when they announced the wall's completion, he had been talking with Akira then. Now he called them here... So he was somone then. Knight? Iaera, another face from that event who she could also put no name to -she would have to get better at this mingling with the riff-raff thing- thankfully saved her a lot of effort by asking all the relevant questions and she listened eagerly for the answers. Why thank you, Pawn

The others she paid little attention to. Corrosion earned a vaugely quizical look when he stated his special ability. Restraining others did not sound that useful to her, if you had to go so far as to pin them then killing them then surely saved you a lot of bother later. Probably some bleeding heart do gooder she decided dismissively.

"Brother! I am Calufrax, and I am good at many things! Which one of these things would you like for me to display for you?"

Excalibur managed to resist rolling her eyes but could stop the small sigh and generous portion if side eye that escaped her. Alright kitty cat, no one likes a show off

”Tell me what you are good at.”

Excalibur bit back snappy retort that edged to tip of her tongue at what she felt was an impertinent question. She gritted her teeth at another painful reminder of how far she had fallen. Time was when she would have been the one asking questions and demanding answers. Sister to a King, his protector and right hand. Now she was nothing. 

Time to climb.

"Protection," She said, "and defence. My duty was to guard my King." And brother. Arthur had died on Camlann's watch and at Camlann's fangs not hers, she did not torture herself with blame in that respect. Arthur knew the blow was coming and sent her away on a made up errand before it landed, she could not protect him from himself. A sword can only strike when it is drawn. She did not feel she had failed Arthur in that respect, her shame was that she had failed to take his vengeance. For a moment she bristled. Camlann. Half-brother. All murderous bastard. A deep breath. Not now. She forced a smile as she looked at Jonas.

Be nice. Make friends. Go far.

"I am learning how to shape stone too, hopefully I can help repair and rebuild things soon."

And for every king that died
Oh they would crown another
But it's harder than you think
Telling dreams from one another

[-] Likes: LK, Rhiow
Skylar Him/His
Flowers for all!
Gemini
Pronouns: Him/His
Rank [IC]: Pupper
Played By: Moons

All Accounts Posts: 48

speech thoughts

Skylar was making his way to the faerie pools, lowering his head to drink from the water once he made it there.

It was a beautiful day in Gemini, as it always was. At least, to him it was. Didn't matter what happened, really. With a smile on his face, he raised his head from drinking, wondering what he was going to do today. "Maybe today's a good day to 'splore," he said, laughing at himself. Even at a year old already, he was still using the child-like words he had grown up with. It made him feel like a pup still, despite having grown to mostly his full size by now. It also kept his cheerful attitude intact, despite some dark things that had happened within his family. Fear not, though; Skylar still had his smile available for any who needed it!

When his ears caught the sound of the feline calling for anyone who wanted to come, Skylar turned his head to listen. "HMMM, time to see what's going on!" Just like when he was much younger, his curiosity always preceded him. It pulled him in so many directions, and it threw him into so many adventures. Things he valued, and had learned from. As he trotted, he whistled joyfully, even as he came upon the group assembled before the lion. Unlike Iaera, he welcomed the sight of the feline -- Skylar had met a cat before! He wasn't intimidated by the size. Speaking of Iaera, though... "HIIII!" he chirped to Iaera, walking up to her and rubbing his cheek against her in greeting. "Haven't seen ya in a while!" Skylar posed in front of her in a brief 'look at me!' stance, before turning and going over to the lion.

"'Scuse me sir," he said, plopping himself on his rear in front of the lion who had called the meeting. "M'name's Skylar! I'm uh..." What was he good at...? OH! "I'm good at swimming!! I'm also good at flowers~ or well, giving them I guess. And uh... at talking to people! I like talking. I like t'keep the peace~" Possibly be a Peacekeeper? He wanted to make him momma proud, after all!

With a smile, he waited to see what the lion would say.

[-] Likes: LK
Zavona She/Her
It's in the rain.
Gemini
Rank [IC]: Recruit
Played By: TranquilTempest

All Accounts Posts: 336

Z a v o n a

#B4CFEC * profile
She could feel herself getting closer to usefulness, making something of herself, proving her worth. The Ranger meeting proved to be useful, an invitation into the knowledge certain individuals residing here held, as well as an inside look into what is expected of a Ranger. Though she may not be one just yet, it was happening. She could feel it in the tingling of her skin, the bristling of her pelt. She was growing more and more anxious and animated as the days past. This was something she wanted with every follicle of her being, and maybe, just maybe, she could be granted the position of Whisper as well. The other Ranger of gray and cream coloration with the purple eyes, she made mention that she was both. It's possible....

A vibration in the air halted her. A chuff, a huff. Something unfamiliar, yet beckoning. It still lay in the boundaries of the pack,
so it held the possibility of being a safe encounter...possibly. All the same, as with the Ranger meeting, she headed toward the disturbance with caution.

The Wall rose up ahead of her, the wall adorned with the skulls of those past, whether abhorred or honored, that much was still unclear to her. However, there was something more immediate, more present, than those of the past. A lion sat regal above the dead, calling the living. And the living answered.

She was not the only soul who granted their presence to the lion on the wall. There were several others, each answering one simple request the formidable feline issued.

"Tell me what you are good at."

One by one, the others provided their skills. She noticed the familiar female from the Ranger meeting, the one with purple eyes. If only she knew her name. After hearing how she held both the Ranger and Whisper ranks, she wanted to know more from her. And apparently she speaks another language? This...Latin? Very interesting....

The monochrome woman listened with wrapt attention as the others spoke, suddenly becoming more uneasy as she realized her turn was coming up. When the pup, Skylar, showed up, he managed to ease some of her tension with his excitement and confidence. A warm smile graced her lips as she listened when he spoke. It was always a breath of fresh air to see young ones so eager to show their worth and help the pack.

And then, it was her turn. She knew what she would say, but a sliver of doubt crawled into her mind. It felt silly, even though Livid had thought it interesting before accepting her into their home. In the end, she decided to repeat what she told Livid, albeit editing her speech some to fit with the context.

"I can predict the weather, to the best of my ability. The weather is a finicky thing and can change in an instant, but to know what is coming can be beneficial." Without missing a beat (in case everyone here started to think her insane), she explained further. "It is pretty basic and an obvious thing we are all capable of smelling, but it is important to understand and be able to read weather patterns and hints of what's to come in case your sense of smell is impaired. A runny nose doesn't give you much to work with, and if your nose was somehow damaged in, say, a fight, your sense of smell could be compromised." Casting her gaze around, she motioned with her head to the surrounding air that contained a slight breeze. "Wind can be a good indication of rain. The faster and heavier the wind, the bigger the storm. Leaves can also tell you when rain or a severe storm is on the way. If there's a strong wind, and the leaves on the trees are being overturned to show their undersides, that means heavy rain or a strong storm is on the way." Icy blue eyes turned back to the great feline above. "I am interested in being both a Ranger and a Whisper, and I feel my knowledge could benefit both ranks, especially with navigation."

She took things like this from a business perspective, and she wasn't going to make it ambiguous or undermine it. Just like with Livid, she wanted to sell herself, even with something that could be seen as pretty obvious such as this. Obviously, they could all smell when rain was approaching, but some were exceptions to this. The woman relaxed after she finished speaking, holding her composure and keeping it firmly locked in place, yet she remained anxious as she awaited for a reply and verdict on whatever the great feline had in mind.

Played by TranquilTempest
Razi She/Her
The Mad Hatter
Gemini
Rank [IC]: Recruit
Played By: Myself

All Accounts Posts: 441

「R a z i 」
I caught myself staring up at the bright blue sky as my body lounged lazily in the grass.  I felt kind of lazy today as my mind was being constantly violated as of late by the noise.  When I mean noise, I mean the constant buzzing of those damn voices.  They were annoying and so fucking irritating that I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.  They were becoming a lot louder now as I continued to expose myself to the many bodies of those who called these lands home.  It was so bad that I often fantasized ripping out my throat and swimming in my own pool of blood.  I am sure mother nature who enjoy dining on my flesh as I rotted into her embrace.

I was not even sure one hundred percent why I was even bothering with this whole pack life.  Yea, I got it, I was a wolf; but the noise, the pain seething along my brain was annoying.  What was I hoping to gain with all this petty nonsense?  Oh yes wolves were meant to be in packs with their own kind or rather close to it anyways.  Yes, they were not meant to be alone; but was being alone really that bad?  Those days were so much quieter as I traveled with nothing but the constant chatter in my head.  If anyone crossed my path then they were ripped apart before anyone had the opportunity to miss them.  What the fuck was wrong with me?

I curled my lips into a snarl as my fangs were exposed.  The notion was cut short abruptly as my ears were shoved forward at such an odd sound being carried along the wind.  I twisted my weight as I shoved myself onto all fours, kicking myself into a run.  My legs lapped up the distance before I found myself near the wall.  I turned emerald colored eyes towards the sight of a gathering around....a lion?  Boy, this pack was getting more interesting each and every day.  I jerked my body as I skidded to a halt, stretching my legs as I stepped forward.  I barely caught the lion's words as he asked each and every one of us what we were good at.

A grin slid along my muzzle as I stepped forward, "I'm good at hunting and fighting..maybe even protecting if I am given the chance," I mused softly, head craning to take a gander of the crowd before looking back to the burly beast.  I was not good at idleness as it often made me think, made the chatter louder.  I needed something to do and something preferably that met with violence...or a sense there of.  Look at all these delicious meat...it's like they are willing se--- Nope, shut up!  We are so not doing this again!  I mentally growled to them, forcing them to shut their fucking trap.  Why was I fighting so hard to be normal?

ooc: 

[Image: 18-by-kreyxicat-dc38tne.png]

When I was a child I heard voices,
Some would sing and some would scream,
You soon find you have few choices,
I learned the voices died with me
Arsonist's Lullaby by Hozier

|Member since 6-7-05|

Machete he/him
Juniper
Gemini
Pronouns: he/him
Rank [IC]: Youth
Played By: Kotake

All Accounts Posts: 379
(This post was last modified: January 20, 2018, 09:24:20 PM by Machete.)

He felt like a mortal man peering into the ark of the covenant. Less anachronistically, like a growing young boy following his childish curiosity into somewhere he may have reconsidered treading had he the opportunity.

Now he was trapped. Well, that wasn’t quite right. Nobody was keeping Machete here, unless his own anxiety counted as someone, the irrational certainty that those present would make fun of him if he turned tail, the dread of having their eyes all turn to him at once. Such was the fear that beat out the ghastly bones festooning the great wall, even the massive animal waiting here with them at his back.

Shrinking into himself, hiding behind his hair, the boy gaped wide-eyed at Jonas before catching himself (it’s not polite to stare, little Mach) and glancing embarrassedly away. He had never seen a lion before and was apparently not a fan. The sheer size of him was frightening; his teeth were even worse. It was hard not to raise his hackles and growl. Machete had the sudden, vivid image of Jonas snatching him up and devouring him with that scary monster’s mouth...

Ugh. He was going to make himself sick. You’re a big boy now, Mach. Don’t be such a baby.

“I-I’m...”

He licked his lips nervously. Tried again, suddenly at a loss for anything he was actually good at, his brain empty. We are having regrets.

“I... like the stars. I can name some now.”

What else, what else? He forced a smile and a little tail wag.

“Um, I like helping people, too.”

[Image: by_sable_by_pinatas_day5buj_by_shakrashi-dbg9czj.png]
Necros He/Him
Acolyte Apothecary
Gemini

All Accounts Posts: 311
(This post was last modified: January 23, 2018, 03:13:04 AM by Reath.)

[Image: nUs3XU8.png]

A large black and brown figure had been exploring the territory of his new pack. It had only been a few days since his acceptance and things had been uneventful for the most part. He had not seen many of his fellow pack mates since he was constantly on the move. He was currently roaming about a beautiful but sad place. A large tree towered over head. Its broad knotted trunk was covered with moss and lichen but was easily overlooked by the splendor of the trees long vibrant branches. The leaves acted like a curtain yet light still managed to dance in between the leaves and dappled the small area in splotches of light but it still managed to hide the sorrowful sight of the numerous skulls that were laid about its roots, populated with various flowers, and some placed upon its trunk.  He took in the bewitching sight while maintaining a respective distance. Even a stranger like him could tell this place was sacred but he did not know if the bones belonged to deceased pack mates or fallen enemies. Standing before the tree caused new sensations to rise from within him; he was torn between feeling isolated and restless due to lack of purpose in his life. Necros was one who always had to be doing something but he had not been given a rank to fulfill nor any minute tasks to handle. No, sadly, he felt like a parasite that had attached itself to a host; never to amount to anything more than a pest. This did not sit well with the fringe dire. He had lived his life in the neutral forests, all three years, doing nothing more than surviving day to day with his family. There was no goal to achieve nor land to protect. Just sleep, wake, hunt, and repeat.

The day he was accepted into Gemini's territory was a new start on life...or that was what he had hoped. So far it was just the same as his life before which left him feeling unfulfilled. Necros didn't want to outshine anyone or prove that he was better than that guy or girl. He wasn't vain. Necros just wanted to contribute to his new family. That's it....yet why did he feel like he was just another face among a sea of faces. Suddenly a sound managed to make itself heard over the drabble of his inner turmoil. Eyes flickered over to the general direction on which he had heard the noise. He had never heard of such a sound before. The black and brown male turned to make his way southwest; where he believed the sound had originated. The journey there was quiet for the most part the sound of swaying grass that rustled with each fall of his large paws and the flowing stream that babbled dully as his brown paws carried him effortlessly across the empty expanse of vast grassland where the only sounds to be heard.

When he finally arrived his fiery amber eyes caught sight of a group of wolves in front of a lion?! This was a strange sight indeed but as said before he had not crossed paths with his fellow pack mates for quite a while so his surprise at the sight of a lion within a wolf pack was to be expected. The small group that had gathered around the lion were calling out things like "I'm good at hunting and fighting..maybe even protecting if I am given the chance," and “I... like the stars. I can name some now.” which was followed by "Um, I like helping people, too.” His interest piqued at the knowledge that he suddenly was aware of; they were stating their skills. Just like he had done when he was seeking acceptance within the borders of Gemini. Was this a group acceptance?  Yet the scent of the wolves told him that, that was not the case. So what was the purpose of telling this information to the pale lion? He was confused but followed along , "I like to learn new things, helpful things," he started "survival, medicine and a few fighting techniques; not that I've done much fighting," a slight pause was made as he mentally debated what to say to finish off, "If there's somewhere you can put me I won't say no to anything."

[Image: nUs3XU8.jpg]

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
Jai He/Him
Gate Keeper
Nomad
Played By: .eclipse.

All Accounts Posts: 358

[Image: FpJJiIh.png]
|✎| gemini |✎|  
the scholar & resident cave keeper
"The pen is mightier than the sword..."

ooc| even though the cave exploration thread is still open and kinda dead I'm placing it after that so that the caves would be common knowledge by now.

Jai hated the sunlight, oh god did he ever. Superior night vision eyes were, not very surprisingly, much more effective at night or in the caverns of Gemini. It seemed to burn into the white of his face and made his red eyes even redder. Dangling feathers carried softly in the breeze put off of his long frame as he traveled. He was not moving quickly--feathers needed hardly no air to wiggle about like windchimes-- as one does not move well with one's eyes closed. The cavehound skirted under trees and along tall rocks to try and have enough shade to successfully open his eyes to take in his surrounding before moving cautiously to the next spot. Had he been a man prone to anger he would have cursed whatever beast let out that gentle bellow, but Jai simply found amusement in his actions. It was a moment for learning, the more often he did so the better he would get at it and so he took his misstep with a grain of salt. Internally, he found it strange since he had been taught that wolves were nocturnal creatures and yet this whole pack, for better or for worse, seemed to be out more during the day. Perhaps for the benefit of others that were not nocturnal? Such things seemed silly to him, if they could not adapt they could leave.

Though that was not the way of Gemini, not that the scholarly recluse knew that. The way of wolves in packs were things to be studied at a later date. Jai was recognizing that he was going to have to attempt to assimilate. One, to study them better, and two, to have the company he sought. Very clannish creatures, moreso than he had expected; similar to the home he left. But this beast was no wolf, and in his travels he had never encountered one. The hellhound skirted into the shadow of the wall and watched Jonas with a half-lidded expression, the shade only did so much for him. The question echoed in his ears but he remained silent and stoic as his blood red eyes did their best to intake the lion's features. Very similar in shape with more stocky features and a thin feathered tail but the mass of fur on it's head and neck was the most interesting thing Jai had seen in a while. Around him others spoke up, eyes danced to them as they spoke, small wolfdog with improperly pronounced words-- tsk tsk--, glowing blue wolverine-- he was not very surprised? how odd--, similarly colored male with lovely fangs, a true hellion, plain and gray, storm predictor-- Jai was interested in her--, very red like his bloody eyes, uncertainty in slate blues, and a jack of all trades.

Each caught his interest but he remained silent until Necros spoke and finally Jai decided he should speak as well.
"I am a scholar. Always learning new things and studying the things I know. Pure cavehound, bred, born and raised in caves, I see far superior to anyone gathered here, perhaps all combined, when in the darkness. I found the caverns of this Gemini and continue to explore and keep them. I know which paths are safe to take, and which need reinforcement, which are too far gone for safe passage. The twists of the mountain's intestines are my home, nobody can walk them better than I." His pride was appalling, but true. Though the real question finally seeped out when he could no longer bite the tongue of his curiosity, "Tell me of your genetics. Are you wolf? Hellion? Cat of some kind? I'm greatly interested in the mass of fur around your throat. I would like to know more about you."

Jonas He/Him
Gemini
Gemini
Rank [IC]: Consort/Courtier/Royal Guard
Played By: Rhiow

(This post was last modified: March 10, 2018, 09:02:33 PM by Jonas.)

• The first that approached came from above. He follows her track down from the wall until she disappears from sight, appearing again at the chokepoint. He huffs softly, recognizing her as she recognized him. Akira was always preoccupied at her grand meetings and appointments; so her consort kept his eye on the crowds. Others filter in and he answers her, hoping that it would be enough to satisfy other curious ears as well, “I am Jonas. King Akira’s consort.” He pauses before adding, “I serve her as I am needed.” So—perhaps he was more as well? He listens to Iaera’s skill and deems it valuable—if not necessarily for party planning. Oh, well. It would be useful in the future. Not everything was about the King’s all important festivities! “Share what you know with those willing to learn,” he decides, adding, “Whispers and Rangers can communicate in your tongue.” – well, what do you know! That’s awfully convenient!

SKILL DISCOVERED: CIPHER. Ciphers are fluent in one or more languages, written or verbal! Teach those with the aptitude well, you never know when you might need a different way to express yourself.

• Next was the strange goat-thieving wolverine that had so vexed the wolves—namely their King. Funny, that Iaera and Ghost should be the first two to answer his call—almost as if fate was drawing them together. Not that the lion believed in messy tangles of red thread. He huffs softly again, acknowledging the squat creature (they were all so… short), mulling over his contributions before announcing—and now they would all know WHY they were here—“The King will be holding a celebration. We will have guests. Be prepared to feed them.” He knew that the wolverine could hunt—and fish might be palatable to their Inarian allies. “When you are done, report to Cavalier Avery for Vanguard training.

RANK-UP: VANGUARD.

• The son of a long, prestigious family came next—not that Jonas knew or cared about Corrosion’s bloodline. He listens to the boy and gives the quiet, stoic one his due. This one was not difficult to decide. “Join Ghost,” he indicates the wolverine with a flick of his eyes, “Report to the Cavalier.” That seemed enough, but then he adds, knowing how little was done to shield young eyes from horrible things not long ago in a land not far away--“Protect our guests.” Little did he know Corrosion would be turned on his own family again and again. It didn’t matter. His strength worked as well on them as it would on anyone.

• A large, horned cat appears! This takes him by surprise, though you wouldn’t know it save for the tremble of his whiskers and the agitated flick of his tail. How this one slipped past him he would never know—and while his inclination was towards protecting his territory, he was no stranger to living among his fellow beasts. This one appeared to be no threat to him, addressing him with elation. Truly, it was rare to find his kind here, like a drop of water amongst desert sands. For Calufrax, he offers a hint of a smile. The other cat would know, even if the wolves did not. “Can you count cubs?” he asks, wearily, knowing that he would sooner not trust this strange cat with the future of Gemini. Not yet, anyway. “Show me something.” he instructs, and leaves it at that.

• The next wolf he recognizes, but only in a fringe way. She tickles the back of his mind. He knows he has seen her, but beyond that, he knows her not. That was fine. Ultimately, the hearts of the people were not for him to decipher and guide. That task was exhausting and his attention was needed elsewhere. He could, however, point them in the right direction. “Another Vanguard,” he decides, seeing already how one-sided this meeting was becoming. It didn’t matter, he knew. The safety of their people was paramount. The skulls that clattered against stone at their backs spoke louder than he ever would. “Protect us with teeth and stone.” Whichever was more appropriate at the time… he would leave that to her to decide.

SKILL DISCOVERED: ARCHITECT. Architects have a way with the ruins of Gemini, building, repairing and planning new structures. They can create a variety of buildings, crafting shelters, defenses, purely decorative structures and more.

• ((Skylar is being skipped as if he was never here. His player has left the forum and his character has been retconned.))

• A wolf with a red blaze upon her face caught his attention next—and while she spoke at length, he found himself interested in what she had to say. She was far from succinct as many of the others have been, but he listened with his ears trained on her, still like a great predator who had found something intriguing to prey upon. She eventually finishes and he digests the meal she has provided for him, tongue lapping over his lips as if to taste what was left in the air. “Very well,” he intones, “Teach others your skill and warn us of oncoming storms. Ranger and Whisper.

SKILL DISCOVERED: METEOROLOGIST. Meteorologists possess the ability to follow storm patterns and predict the weather! Knowing when storms and sun will come really allows them to stay ahead of the curve and keep pack activities moving smoothly.
    RANK-UP: RANGER and WHISPER.

• The next wolf was red as well. VIOLENTLY red, to be precise. All over. He looks to the newcomer with a slight tilt to his head and a squint to his eyes. He did not outright know this one as well, not that he should commit every tired name to memory. He listens has he believes he should and judges her fairly, let Avery discipline this horde and turn them into another wall—Gemini would be secure, patching holes with the able bodies of it’s people. “Report to Cavalier Avery,” he repeats, “Begin training.

• A child stumbles upon their meeting and the great beast gentles before him. Cubs were cubs, whether they were lion or wolf, and while he was not a father by blood, he was by heart of many. He carried them upon his back and he counted—and for a moment he is distracted again by the nine become five. He falters before this little boy, and if that was not enough to inspire confidence in Machete’s heart, what would? Even the biggest and strongest do not know what they’re doing, kid. “Ah,” he exhales softly. “Will you teach the others their names?” What more was there to make a cub feel important and confident of his own bearing? “When you are older, think of helping with the other cubs. We need Shepherds.”He pauses and then adds, with a tone of finality, “Do not venture beyond the wall without an adult.

SKILL DISCOVERED: ASTRONOMER. Astronomers have learned to read the sky, able to track and name the stars. They can follow the passage of time and navigate on clear nights. Some can read our lives as told by distant galaxies.

• A large wolf arrived from the highlands. The consort turns his eyes from the shy boy—who was no doubt glad for the reprieve—and refocuses on the newcomer. This was another one he did not know. He could not recall having seen the wolf once, though if he had come from the highlands he had either been accepted or had somehow slipped past the watchful eyes of everyone. That settled poorly in the lion’s stomach and so he put his anxiety (though, don’t you ever call it that!) to use. “Acolyte, then,” he states without preamble, “Ranger in your free time. Learn and put it to good use.

RANK UP: ACOLYTE (specialty of your choice, let me know) and RANGER.

• The last hung to the shadows like all things of the night always did. He did not escape Jonas’ notice, though the lion left him be until he chose to speak, wanting nothing more than having to speak as little as possible as the meeting wore on. It had provided a fine diversion from the things that really troubled him, though he had made little headway in finding lost cubs or providing for the Don’s party. He would not fault himself for the latter, as ‘party planner’ was far from one of his skills. He grew tired of pretending and worried for his charges besides, so when the hellion at last spoke his gaze shifts slowly, awaiting a final pronouncement so that they might all put this to bed. This one had an interesting skill, that much was true, though the bellies of mountains and castles did not interest him—others would disagree. “Learn them well,” he sighs, shutting his eyes against the glare of a setting sun. It was still five when it should have been nine. “Teach, Whisper.” His replies were growing short and his voice hoarse, so when the scholar pried over-long, he opens his eyes to slits and answers, weary and curt, “Lion.

SKILL DISCOVERED: SPELUNKER. Spelunkers know the inner workings of dark and winding places better than anyone! Brave and sure-footed, they make excellent guides in the tunnels winding below Gemini.
    RANK-UP: WHISPER.

This thread is now CLOSED TO NEW PEOPLE. People currently participating may respond again (with no specific order) if you would like to react to your placement or further the story to seek a rank (for example, Calufrax, who was prompted for a response). Further responses from Jonas in this will be kept short as the thread is now quite old and I want anyone else who gets a rank to be assigned quickly so you can put them to use! Congratulations everybody, we unlocked some cool new skills for our first ones!

[-] Likes: Kotake, TranquilTempest
Reath He/Him
Orphan pup
Nomad

All Accounts Posts: 311

Sorry been busy in rl XC

Can Necros be an acolyte Apothecary and a Ranger?

[Image: eYnJQdd.jpg]
Rhiow She/Her
Pack Alpha
Pack Alpha

sure can!!

[Image: 13860216_Cx8knXzIqfo1uWf.png][Image: 4594086_srCPp3uOX6GOGv0.gif] [Image: 3217441_hYsO885Eh2F1Mdv.gif] [Image: rhiow_e_icon_by_p_aei-dbt9p0i.gif] [Image: 2423317_s1d50mc749GmpFS.gif?1518145477] [Image: 2919287_dmgQ5qts6eDyv4a.png?1551889458] [Image: 13860203_LJNxMVvqw7SiM3W.png]
Quote:❛❛ Women and cats will do as they please,
And men and dogs should relax
And get used to the idea. ❜❜

-- Robert A. Heinlein
The Observatory
[-] Likes: Reath