Creatures of the Cliffs [Whitecliff Exploration]
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Ambassador Wigglybutt
Reach
Pronouns: he
Rank [IC]: Dog
Played By: Puffin

All Accounts Posts: 673

OOC: This thread directly follows Palatine Hill: Reprise. Phillip, Alue, Hudson, Auklet, and Ayliyra are assumed to be present, but posting is not mandatory. Who wants to explore a cave?

[Image: aaEUfY3.gif]

Ayris. Whitecliff.

Names were important, Puffin thought as he returned to the cave behind the waterfall. His pack had been named, his packland somewhat loosely defined, his new journey begun. But as he took in the five faces that assembled before him, he remembered something else he had yet to do. "Ranks," he said aloud. "Ranks are an important part of pack hierarchy and structure, so I've put some thought into this. As pack leader, I will be First Dog. Not a king, or anything like that. Just first among equals. A leader should serve his people and lead by example, and I think the title should fit the job."

"For the core ranks, the jobs that need doing are simple. We need border patrols and search parties to continue searching for Nardiri, so I figure one rank can do both: Rangers. Because...they range over distances...over a mountain range..." He cracked a very sloppy smile. "They can also be our messengers and ambassadors and scouts, anything that requires legwork. Hudson, would you be our First Ranger? You've been a border guard both in Nardir and Familiaris, and I can think of no one better for the job." Of all the people he trusted the most to help him lead the search for Kestrel and the other missing Nardiri, Hudson was at the top of the list. He would wait for her answer before continuing.

"Since we're a rescue and aid service for any other survivors we find, we also need people who can heal. But I suspect the climate up here is a little different from what we're used to, so there might be some differences in what plants are available to us. We need healers who are good at creative solutions, thinking on their feet, and trying new things. Jacks of all trades, in a way, to continue the crafting we started in Nardir alongside practicing medicine. Alue, would you be First Jack? You're the best healer we've got, and I trust you to dabble in new things safely." He knew that Alue and Kestrel both had dipped into crafting, between the mead and the crystals. Puffin glanced at the crystal around Alue's neck briefly, wondering if Kestrel was still wearing hers. He waited for Alue's answer before continuing.

"Now, if we want to really make this a real outpost, we've got to secure it. The bear could be out, or it could be farther in; I can't tell. So, I'm going to lead some of us to check out the rest of this cave and see what's there. Who would like to assist?"

[Image: mPNpLky.png]    Never too late to change the pace
    When the days creep up on you
    But the goodness is something you don't have to chase
    'Cause it's following you

And all you'll hear is the music
    And beauty stands before you
    And love comes back around again
    It's a carousel, my friend

Ayliyra she, her
Aylie-Gator
Nardir
Pronouns: she, her
Rank [IC]: Astronomer

All Accounts Posts: 381

The chanting faded and things quickly jumped to ranks. It was not what she was expecting given the bear possibility and the need to search for missing but ranks were important so she simply waited and watched as things went on trying to not be upset, and being annoyed with herself when she was anyway when her name wasn't called for a rank assignment. She knew it wouldn't make sense for her to be given a rank when she wasn't going to be staying but she couldn't help but feel the sting of being passed over..again. She told herself, or tried to, that she should be used to it by now, should be used to being passed over regardless of how much time and effort she put into working and not just doing a job but doing to the best she knew how and to the best of her abilities but..she still wasn't used to it. And even in a pack that she was only a guest helper in it still stung. She would survive though, and more than that she could go ahead and help with the ranks..at least somewhat. "There were healing herbs back the way we came". She stated for the new, apparently lead, healer. Information relayed, what would be done with it now though she didn't know but Puffin seemed to finally be getting around to the bear issue. He also seemed to still have this foolish notion that he could lead the way too it.

Well then..as far as size Puffin would probably be better able to maneuver around the bear in a cave but the cave was dark which meant navigating would have to be done mostly by scent and sound rather than by sight and she was fairly certain that she had the best nose here at present and also probably the most experience in navigating underground areas which meant..."You might not be the best one to lead the security detail into the caves". She stated trying to be diplomatic about it but it would probably be clear what she was hinting at and implying..that with her better nose and experience in combat and underground dealings she was probably the best candidate to lead a party to go look for a bear that was likely not going to be pleased at being found and disturbed.  

Of course if herbs needed to be accounted for she supposed she could do that too given all the healer training she'd received and for various biomes at that. There was also locating prey, if help was needed with that..guess she might as well add all of that just in case..seeing as how she was a guest. "I've also had healer training though, for various types of climates, including this so if herbs are needed I can help track those down, or if prey needs to be located I can help with that and guarding it against theft. So wherever, whichever task you would prefer I work on..bear, herbs or prey I can get it done". It was as simple as that. She was versatile and adaptable, and well she didn't know about the others present but she knew Puffin was aware of her history and what she could offer because of it. Now he just had to decide how to utilize the various skills she had to the greatest effect and benefit for Ayris.

Hudson She/Her/He/Him/Them/They
One Happy Dog
Reach
Pronouns: She/Her/He/Him/Them/They

All Accounts Posts: 39
(This post was last modified: June 06, 2018, 01:16:45 PM by Hudson.)

After their travel from the past few days the mutt decided it was in her best interest to get some rest; however, she couldn't help but feel paranoid at the idea of what could be lurking into the depths of the cage. Hudson lay curled into a ball at a far end of the cave, nose pressed warmly into her tail and eyes shut, yet, sleep would not come to her. She released a deep breath before her golden eyes opened and she stared back towards the depth of the cave. Just what secrets or dangers were hiding beyond it? She needed to find out. Yet, that would have to wait it seemed.

"Ranks, Ranks are an important part of pack hierarchy and structure, so I've put some thought into this. As pack leader, I will be First Dog. Not a king, or anything like that. Just first among equals. A leader should serve his people and lead by example, and I think the title should fit the job."

Puffin made his way back into the outpost after having given them time to rest and began to speak to the small group of them, causing her interest to pique..Hudson's ears shot up before giving a bit of a flicker, golden eyes watching him pace throughout the caves and address them. Both out of respect and the sheer fact sleep was eluding her with the very idea of who or what was waiting at the very end of the cave, Hudson pressed her paws to the ground and picked herself up. Large mouth opened giving a bit of a yawn pushing her forepaws outward to stretch her worn body. She gave a last bit of a shake allowing dirt and debris to fall off her body and onto the ground below. Her paws carried her over to the small group before long and sit gathered around him listening in and offering a patient smile.

"For the core ranks, the jobs that need doing are simple. We need border patrols and search parties to continue searching for Nardiri, so I figure one rank can do both: Rangers. Because...they range over distances...over a mountain range. They can also be our messengers and ambassadors and scouts, anything that requires legwork. Hudson, would you be our First Ranger? You've been a border guard both in Nardir and Familiaris, and I can think of no one better for the job"

Hudson's eyes widened in disbelief and met his gaze at the kind comments that escaped her friend, "M...me?" She said after a few moments; however, she gave it a few moments before nodding toward him. Her tail wagging, "I'd be honored to serve as First Rangers of Ayris. I won't fail you." She said sincerely smiling broadly. Her eyes then turned to look at Alue who was accepted at the first jack toward the pack. She grinned before long and nodded toward Alue proudly in silent congratulations.  

"Now, if we want to really make this a real outpost, we've got to secure it. The bear could be out, or it could be farther in; I can't tell. So, I'm going to lead some of us to check out the rest of this cave and see what's there. Who would like to assist?"

Hudson stepped up after a few moments and gave him a bit of a cocky grin, "If I'm going to be first ranger, I better get used to the land, hm?" She said looking back toward the cave, "Let's go chase that bear out o here." She said after a few moments.

[Image: cx1doip_by_stormy_the_wolf-dbhqspi.png]