[entrance] dark looks good
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Alioth He/Him
Nomad
Nomad
Pronouns: He/Him
Location [IC]: Wanderer
Played By: Corvo

Snow fell in wet, heavy clumps on the man’s back as he headed south. He followed the mountains, hugging their side, where he would find rivers and prey lead to the water in the same manner he had been. He stopped at the first river he met, a wide thing that cut towards the north, stopping to rest briefly before following its path. Alioth seemed to move with purpose despite not having one. His days of being a wolf hunter, of being a Chosen One, were long behind him and now he followed the earth in whatever direction he was pointed.

They said being alone drove the soul to madness, but he had never felt so at peace.

He drunk in the sight of a lake with a relaxed gaze. The ice at its top was gradually melting, dark pools gathered just above the thinning sheet, and reflected the dark shadow the nearby trees cast on it. It was turning to spring already. Good. He was sick of the cold.

Could do without the snow too, honestly.

At least the wind had died down from his path on the mountains. The nearby forest provided reasonable coverage. He could have found cover in one of the natural caverns formed in the stone, but it wouldn’t have done him any good with all the relentless wind. He considered building a fire down here, suffering the wet snow as much as he dared, to keep the wolves away while he rested. He would have to find dry timber though and that looked to be an impossibility.

Might have to find shelter in the woods. Boughs will keep the snow off my back. Better than heading back towards the mountain anyway. Worse to be cold and wet while having the wind on you.

Maybe the forest looked foreboding to some, but to him, he saw only trees.
Rivian she/her
The Moonheart
Packmate
Pronouns: she/her

All Accounts Posts: 415

R I V I A N
"It is little by little that we find the courage for it all." - JH Hard

[Image: wkrsgjy.png]

---

The sap would be running as the spring was approaching. Even here on the east side of her new mountainous abode, Spring was around the corner. She had already gathered some cottonwood buds from the south side in the Wilderwood. Now she needed to gather some sap from the pines and cedar tips. She hoped Muiri didn't mind, though the other woman was reclusive and had warned Rivian of The Forbidden Forest. It was unlikely Rivian would come across anyone out here.

She was carrying a basket strapped to her side filled with bright green cedar tips, and several small waterproofed baskets she had built and placed out here a couple days ago to catch the pine sap. She was just on her way back to the caves when movement caught her eye. She watched a man start to settle by the pond and she couldn't help but pull her hands to her mouth at the sight of him. Was that...? He had a much darker skin tone than she had seen in a long time, and it contrasted his brilliant silver white hair.

She had dropped the basket in her awe. It was a mirage, he had to be. Shaking her head at herself she gathered the basket back up and looked back in his direction. He looked like he was trying to settle in and make camp.

She started to make her way toward him, shaking, she had to know. She had to meet him, what was his story? Was he cast away from his people like she was? Was he part of the fae? His skin maybe seemed too dark, and he was camping in the open under the sunlight.

She never knew how to introduce herself. She was always hanging back and waiting for others to discover her. But this one. This one! She had to see him.

She clung to the treeline, her feet booted again in the snows and rough rocks. She tied her woollen shawl closer to herself, thanking Muiri for the gift everytime. She would approach him this time.

As soon as she got to the closest point to him and was about to break cover toward him, she was too afraid. She clung one hand to the basket, the other to a tree, her bright green eyes boring into him. The wind whipped her long moonlit hair away from her face. She could easily be seen if he looked up. She seemed to have come from the shadows, like a wraith. One minute there was nothing there, then there she was, staring at him.

Beckoning him, inviting him with a glance to come forward, to follow her.

Once he would see her, her hand would slowly leave the bark of the tree and she would come a few steps out into the open and stop. Waiting for him to come forward. To meet her. She had woven a crown of green pine branches while she had worked today. It rested easily on her head.

"Who are you?" She would ask, loudly if he didn't come closer.

ooc:

Photo © Annie Spratt / Headshot by MarvelousMatt

Profile :: Played by Charley
[-] Likes: Corvo
Alioth He/Him
Nomad
Nomad

It must have been her ashen hair that drew his eyes to her, like a beacon in the black of the trees. She was a slight creature of brown skin and well-groomed hair falling loosely around her face and shoulders in a waterfall of dazzling white; she looked like one of his people and the anxiety following that realization took him. He froze. His eyes darted from her to the lofty branches of the trees, imagining men and women crouched there waiting to ambush him. In his mind she was bait, for there was no way this wildling with her pretty crown of needles would attack him alone; even if she was a fighter, she couldn’t hope to take him alone and they knew that. Maybe they sent her to scare him, somehow finding out about the damage the previous encounter had done to him and knew he would be an easy target if he blacked out. His eyes darted back to the woman, to the things she was wearing and carrying, and his mind impossibly distorted his vision.

What’s in that basket? Snakes. Snakes. Dark snakes with long fangs.

The nerves in his back lit in a fiery omen he was moments from seizing up again, just as he suspected they had planned for him. Time moved strangely when he blacked out and he imagined the hiccup in his mind would cause him to feel as though he blinked one moment and the next was pinned to the ground. He would be helpless for minutes, staring at nothing, unable to react. He clenched his eyes shut as if darkening his world would ease his racing thoughts.

No, not again you bastards. Just end me if it’s going to be like this,” he whispered under his breath. “I can’t do it again.

Breathe, he commanded. Just breathe. The air is cool here and my hair is getting full of snow. I can smell the pines from here and the mud where the ground is too wet from the spring flurries. I can even hear the—

"Who are you?"

Alioth opened his eyes slowly at the sound of her clear voice cutting at the pounding beat of his heart. Logical thought flowed over his fear, drowning his anxiety, to replaced with the realization of how ridiculous he was being. No bait would ask that question and now that he saw her closer, he realized she was not one of his people. A positive development. He would face any derision thrown at him for his odd behavior while knowing what he narrowly avoided.

Alioth. Who are you?” his voice was too gruff and he was distantly aware that volleying back answers and questions in such a forward manner was considered impolite, but he was beyond caring. “Why are you alone?
Rivian she/her
The Moonheart
Packmate
Pronouns: she/her

All Accounts Posts: 415

R I V I A N
"It is little by little that we find the courage for it all." - JH Hard

[Image: wkrsgjy.png]

---

He seemed... half startled? Certainly on edge, she could hear it in his voice.

Alioth. She mouthed his name to herself. She wanted to get it right. A name was important. She had had trouble with Neo's full name for a while.

He volleyed back his name and two questions. Who was she, and why was she alone?

"I'm Rivian," She said, taking a step closer but she'd stop if he tensed, her empathy going wild. Why was he so on edge? Was he running from something? She could feel her heart picking up, but it wasn't the excitement of meeting someone new, it was a shared feeling she got from someone else.

She sat down in the snow, she wouldn't pressure him with her presence, he seemed to need space more than anything but she wanted companionship and people more than anything. Maybe she could help him find refuge.

She nodded back to the woods, "I came out to gather sap and cedar. I'm an herbalist and healer." Then she pointed to the mountain, "I live in the caves now, There are a few others with me, not many though. I'm hoping to create my own community and village. Its called Bridgehaven." She replied, turning back to him with a warm smile. She wrapped her arms around her knees in the snow. Soon she wouldn't be able to bring her knees up. Already she felt consciously curled up and a pressure to unfurl. She sat up instead and crossed her legs comfortably.

"It's a lot warmer in there, want to come?" She invited tilting her head.

ooc:

Photo © Annie Spratt / Headshot by MarvelousMatt

Profile :: Played by Charley
Alioth He/Him
Nomad
Nomad

She introduced herself as ‘Rivian’ and drew closer to him as if by compulsion; he did not move away or tense but watched her with the relaxed interest as the panic melted off him. Alioth eyed her basket—no snakes—as she professed to be an herbalist and a healer and then she pointed back to the mountain. She must have wanted him to trust her with as much information she was giving him. He did not know about the cave or her people but for the low price of nothing she simply told him. She sat in the snow, making herself even more small and vulnerable. Strange, but he wasn’t going to hurt her, and maybe she sensed that in him.

He watched her in silence for a moment, mulling over his thoughts, until he belatedly realized he should say something to her. That was what normal people did. Not that he cared, he supposed. He had never been normal before, there was little reason to start now, but maybe he would try if only not to scare her away.

Why stay here?” he blurted. Then he realized the nature of his blunt question was confusing. “I mean, why settle your people here? There are places where the weather isn’t so…much. I’m tired of this cold.

His gaze kept wandering back to the mountain, looking for secret entrances he hadn’t noticed before, but he saw nothing. Trekking back in that direction would burn a lot of energy, but she claimed it was warmer there.

Bridgehaven. Better not be some weird cult,” Alioth muttered. “I wouldn’t mind a place to rest.