Nardir
Nardir
Pronouns: She/Her

All Accounts Posts: 409

[Image: u7J5NLU.png]

"And though we lose our stake, Heaven is where we make it
Even in the smallest places, Can a garden grow"

----

Hakan found himself blinking at the edge of a small lake, the lake where Firebright Falls fills in to Firebright Lake... He had been lost in the stories of the falls, lost in his own reflection, lost in the thousand yard stare.

He looked up vacantly at the lakeside and watched as the phantoms of his memory played out before him again. A giant pack of coyotes... his dear friends pulling themselves out of the lake. It didn't have a name back then... It certainly didn't have the name of Hakan's lost love at the time. It was as if he was a young man again, watching them fight back the intruders... Pulling his adopted sister, Oasis, out of the lake after she nearly drowned... That day she had gone deaf...

Hakan looked over the lake at the wall of falling water and dragged his gaze up and up and up to where it started. He looked back where the Castle would be.

He was... lonely... and sad. Don't get him wrong, he was grateful and enjoyed those he has close, but... he misses many more, every single one that touched his life in one way or another, those that no longer walked with him.

There was someone here though, that would perhaps still listen to the ramblings of an old man lost in the folds of time. It would be nice to catch up, they had never really had much of a chance to connect, strangely. No time like the present.

He then wondered if Adolph might enjoy partaking of this one type of herb. If he remembered where it was planted. Should be close by, yes, that was the reason he had set off in this direction today.

He was no longer Monoceros, a bittersweet transition, he was glad to pass on the torch to his own worthy apprentice, Jase. Though it didn't really stop the elder from nosing his way into work and getting lost in it. He was thankful of the little extra brain space to work on his own though, like finding this stand of herbs.

He nosed around in the area he thought they were last, but to no luck. He must have misremembered the spot. Perhaps they were on the other side of the lake? He shook his head, as he wandered over to the otherside, wondering how fuddled his memories could be if he had lost track of these plants.

Ah... there they were, that tangy aroma that almost instantly makes him sneeze. A strange plant that when chewed, intensified the senses, making you pleasantly dizzy, and gave aching old bones some relief.

He grabbed a good stalk he could strip several leaves from. It was best fresh, and made his way to Adolph's den at the castle. Oof Hakan wasn't as young as he used to be and the trek was starting to take the wind from him, especially with a plant in his mouth.

He stopped at the doorway and placed the stalk on his paws.
"Heya." Hakan nodded his head warmly at Adolph to get his attention, "Thought we could share this great chewing leaf together. Eases some of the old aches and pains. Hadn't had a chance to really connect somehow. Thought maybe..." He glanced away, "Maybe since we have some time... might as well?" He shrugged and turned back to the other elder.

They were the only elders in the pack now. He regretted not getting to know him and Buckshot better before.

ooc: @Pawprint

Photo © Erik Stine / coding © vixxie's codes / lyrics © Garden by Noah Gundersen

Pawprint she
10% Sweet Tea
Packmate
Pronouns: she

(This post was last modified: March 11, 2019, 12:38:56 AM by Pawprint.)

Adolph was surprised he saw Hakan enter the den.  As long as they stayed in Nardir, he rarely interacted with him.  His mate, children, not as much either from his memories.  He honestly couldn't remember.  But with Storm and Raka gone, they were the last of the Nardir's relics.  They carried their land's history.  Everyone else, despite their lives from the forest, to the marshes, and/or to the mountains, were still so...young.

He smiled from his bed of grass and torn fur (he was sloooowly getting used to the idea.  Whole pelts were still wierd for him.) when he saw what was hanging from his mouth.  He had seen wolves chewing a string of grass while talking.  Maybe Hakan picked up the hobby while they traveled from Inaria to the forest.  Just chilling.  Adolph spent his time lost in the memories or taking care of his grandchildren.

Hakan seemed hesitant asking to stay with the old wolf.  He stood up, stretched, and walked over to the doctor.  No one was here today.  So...

"You are just fine Hakan.  Come inside."  Adolph sniffed the plant.  His eyes went wide.  Oh wow, it was fresh.

"I don't suppose it restores fading eyesight..."  he began, pawing it almost like he was Beatrice.  "Or hearing."  No.  No lamenting today.  Adolph shook his head and smiled again.  "Never mind that.  Congratulations by the way.  How is it being a grandfather?  Seeing new life through your child's eyes.  At least, I would think it's a little different than birthing with other mothers as a healer." There was a twinkle in his eye as he said it.

8/3/18: Might be slow for the foreseeable future

[-] Likes: Charley
Charley She/Her
Nardir
Nardir
Pronouns: She/Her

All Accounts Posts: 409

[Image: u7J5NLU.png]

"And though we lose our stake, Heaven is where we make it
Even in the smallest places, Can a garden grow"

----

With a smile Hakan settled in comfortably. He shook his head and chuckled at the other's comment about restoring eyesight and hearing while he pawed at it.
"No, no, unfortunately. Might give your head a funny feeling but it's a wonder on these old bones of ours. I found a patch during my time alone, my test. It made the ritual a little more bearable at the time. Gave me wicked cravings though." He said and handed Adolph a leaf to chew. Hakan stripped one for himself and started in.

He gratefully bowed his head as Adolph congratulated him. Then tilted it to the side as he thought about his question.  
How is it being a grandfather?  Seeing new life through your child's eyes.  At least, I would think it's a little different than birthing with other mothers as a healer.

"Hm. it's certainly different. I think it was the first time I actually stepped back? Though I believe when Sal, my older daughter, gave birth with Jase, he handled that one too, much better than I would have. Though it was all... different." His eldest daughter should have children by now if she had so chosen... He hoped River and Rio had their own brood running around somewhere...

"It was good to be the one hanging back for once. And from what I've seen, Kyra is a good mother. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried otherwise. I'm especially worried for her littlest one." Her shook his head. Didn't know if he should elaborate or move on.

"What about you? Beatrice is almost fully grown now eh? How has she been? I've been trying not to pry or overstep, but how do feel she's doing developmentally?"
He asked in turn.

ooc: @Pawprint

Photo © Erik Stine / coding © vixxie's codes / lyrics © Garden by Noah Gundersen