Packmate
Pronouns: he/him

All Accounts Posts: 398

'And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
"speech" | thoughts

Fox stood back from his work; an exposed stone wall covered in carvings of strange creatures he'd never seen before. Well, not in real life anyway. They were all over the ruins, however, and this wall was his newest discovery. Dirt caked his paws, his fur and feathers ruffled from the dust and debris. He'd need to preen after this but in the moment, he didn't think about his filthy he was. He only cared about the imaged carved before him, flickering in the light of a small fire.

Twolegs, as he had begun to call them (he'd think of something better later) were strange creatures with squashed faces, no tails, and appeared to be without fur. Except some. That was the intriguing part. Some had two heads, one being the squashy one they all seemed to have, but some grew heads on top of their heads. Head of animals like jaguars and eagles. Some had feathers and some had tails but that didn't seem to be normal for them. Oh, and sometimes they pulled snakes from their stomachs. Fox assumed they must be evil. Something oposite of the Divines but what? Why hadn't anyone mentioned them before?

The thought that he had discovered something akin to monsters only fascinated him. Made him yearn for more. As he stood and pondered the images before him, the fire died, plunging the tunnel into near total darkness. He kicked dirt over the faint glow of the embers and made his way blindly to the surface. With a deep stretch and a growl of his belly, he shook himself, sending dust out in a cloud around him. Damn he needed a bath...

[Image: x3eDZOr.png]
"speech" | thoughts

[-] Likes: DustyForgotten
Pearle She/Her
the ingenue...
Reach
Pronouns: She/Her

All Accounts Posts: 358

|«| el dorado |«|
the ingénue; Sparrow

The young Crystalline woman had been taking a stroll around the pyramids this evening, enjoying the sunlight and the sounds of the animals in the jungle around her. It was soothing, and quite a fantastic way to spend her day, she’d prepared some teas and checked her herb garden and was now taking a moment for herself. Pearle wasn’t sure what to do with her day next, but she felt that she must in some way be productive—once she was done with her walk--. The girl desired greatly to become a Dove, to help children and teach the members of their tribe about their great history and Gods. It was a suiting beginning rank for a young Crystalline woman, and would be one that allowed her access to the minds of the tribe’s youth. Especially now that their Phoenix was some non-Aviari giant from outside the tribal lands. Peep would wait a little longer before passing a full judgement on her new leader, instead she would work on making sure he knew just how impressive she and her fellow Crystalline sisters and brothers were.

Pearle had passed the bastard Jay and he had said nothing but gave her a discouraging look as if she shouldn’t continue her trek forward. Of course she hadn’t taken his expression under much advisement and kept on keeping on without so much as a second glance at Valravn. In the background she heard him chuckle, but he quickly moved along. A shuffling noise caught her attention and she immediately halted her walk, feeling a sense of fear make her fur stand on end. The pyramids had been where they threw Pandian from. How had she allowed herself to forget that? Had the Jay been warning her of danger? If so why had he left? Had he suddenly lost his sense of duty to protect her? Or?

OH GODS NO.

The dread crept away into discomfort, as she backed away from the cloud of dirt and debris that came flinging from the Opalite. It was too late that she realized the bastard's silent warning. Peep’s lips drew back in disgust, shaking her own coat and leaning back until she was sitting only on her back legs, paw placed against her chest.
”Goodness me!” the tiny Aviari boomed, looking at Fox with the most disgruntled expression of bewilderment and agitation he’d probably seen all day. Opalites. Opalites! Barely a family in her eyes, they’d not had much status since the war if she recalled correctly. Furthermore, they seemed to be too dreamy and too lackadaisical, preferring to ogle the night sky than do work for their tribe. Dreadful shame too, as far as coloration went, Opalites had the lovely starry and colorfully dappled pelts. Good Aviari colors, horrific expression in breeding. But she pursed her lips, she mustn’t be rude. ”You’ve made q-quite the cl-cloud of dust.. Mr..?”

FoxM he/him
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

"speech" | thoughts

”Goodness me!”

The voice startled Fox, whose head whipped around to see the little Aviari who'd spoken. At first he thought she was a child, as small as she was, but no... she wasn't a pup. He was just big. Big for an Aviari... he'd heard that before. Golden eyes trailed over her form, her greyscale pelt, pale pearlescent feathers, and the look of disgust. Crystalline. Fox's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, tail swishing behind him.

Crystalline's weren't his favorite family. The ways he looked at him didn't do anything to change his mind on that either. Prissy. Stuck up. On some occasions, pompous. Just a few words that came to his mind when he saw a Crystalline. Of course, her "breeding" came through quickly and she spoke again, with less disgust.

”You’ve made q-quite the cl-cloud of dust.. Mr..?”

Ahh, the dirt. It was a problem. Fox grinned slightly. How confusing it must be; to be concerned with appearances as much as they were. They strove to be the best, for whatever that meant, but he imagined there must be instances where they didn't know how to respond. How to react. What was the line? The grey area between being rude, and mixing too much with those they felt were lower than them? Fox was curious. He wanted to know.

"Name's Fox," he replied with a little nod, then he extended his paw, eyes boring down on her. How far would she be willing to go to prove she was proper? "Sorry 'bout the mess. Doing research."

"speech" | thoughts

Pearle She/Her
the ingenue...
Reach
Pronouns: She/Her

All Accounts Posts: 358

|«| el dorado |«|
the ingénue; Sparrow

The feeling of dread didn’t seem to want to dissipate, Pearle felt her stomach turn but that was no way for a lady to behave so… Tiny paws would smooth the fur on her chest while she still sat up on her haunches, taking a moment to straighten over her sides and run her paws delicately through the feathers to make sure they had not gotten nasty or entangled—the longer ones were bad for that--. The young lady would let out a delicate sigh, lowering her front paws back to the ground, ruffling her feathers a bit to shake off the last bit of dust that Fox had sent her way. Long feathers resting softly against her back and the ground, blue eyes blinked at the man as he noticed her and seemed to recognize her bloodline. (As if anyone would ever not recognize a Crystalline.) It almost made her sad how often others looked at her with disdain before even speaking with her simply because she was a Crystalline. Apparently, they wanted to be a rude to her as they expected she would be to them. For a second, she looked at him with a disappointed expression, but she knew he wouldn’t think it was anything he’d done.

He was an Opalite after all…

It seemed like a long moment passed before the Opalite responded to her, perhaps he was trying to figure out how to politely introduce himself? Pearle would happily give him the benefit of the doubt, even if he was a lower blood. When a dirty paw extended to her, her insides crawled but the Crystalline made not even the slightest hesitation to reach out and shake his paw. It was the proper way for a gentleman to introduce himself—albeit it was dirty-- but she was surprised he knew such things. Peep approved, and despite not wanting any excess dirt on her paws, she would happily shake his hand. At least this one seemed to have some semblance of manners! This one was named Fox, she’d have to remember that. It would be easy since she thought it a little odd for a wolf to be named after another animal.
”Pearle.” the small grayscale girl would coo back to Fox in her typical dreamy tone. His offer of politeness put her a little bit more at ease.

Perhaps this one was not a savage? Though his next statement made her curious. At least he had the good sense to apologize for the mess he had made, but research? He was not a Dove, was he? What would he be researching down in the pyramids and tombs? Something in her compelled her to not speak, to not ask the question on the tip of her tongue. It didn’t win, she’d humor this creature given that it seemed to have some level of decency about it. Only time would tell whether he really did or not.

”Research? Whatever of?”  

FoxM he/him
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

"speech" | thoughts

”Pearle.”

She didn't hesitate to take his paw, filthy as it was, and a broad grin spread ear to ear across Fox's face. She was either trying really hard to be polite, or she didn't care. He'd still have to guess at the former, but he gave her points for not turning her nose up at him. It prevented a brick on the wall. He'd give her a chance to show who she was and what she was willing to do to get along. And besides, she was likely to ask what he was searching for. Most did and although most also rolled their eyes and walked away, he still relished the chance to talk about it.

”Research? Whatever of?”

Fox chuckled. It seemed curiosity was one thing that crossed blood lines. He tilted his head, eyes narrowing slightly as he searched her over. How should he word it to draw her in? "Well... do you believe that we're the only creatures in existance? I mean, to believe that would be silly right? We know there are strange things that exist with us. Snakes, birds, fish with whiskers... What if I told you that somewhere creatures with two legs were real? Things that walk like this," he said, standing shakily on back paws, feathers spreading in a feeble attempt at balance.

He dropped back to his paws. "There are pictures of them. Down there," he said, flicking his head in the direction of the dark ruin entrance.

"speech" | thoughts

FoxM he/him
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

boop X3