In Dire Straits
[ACCEPTANCE] dancing in the dark - Printable Version

+- In Dire Straits (https://dires.net)
+-- Forum: Packlands (IC) (https://dires.net/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Gemini (https://dires.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: [ACCEPTANCE] dancing in the dark (/thread-4632.html)

dancing in the dark - ramona - July 05, 2018

Ever since her mother's death, Ramona had never been the same. It had just been her and her mother for so long, in their horrid pack where they were scorned and mocked. They had stayed only for the meager protection and to hopefully restore her mother's declining health. However, only a few years after Ramona's birth, her mother fell to a sickness sweeping through the pack the winter prior. Following the death of the only family she had ever had, Ramona still stayed in the pack for a moon cycle. Only for that, because shortly after she left once she realized there was nothing tethering her to the pack she would never call home.

So, she traveled. Ramona wandered the lands, walking along high cliffs and climbing looming glaciers to get away from her mother's grave. She always found herself feeling as if she were being haunted. She saw her mother in reflections instead of herself, green eyes rather a warm hazel set in light gray fur that smelled of lavender. She heard her voice when she looked to the twinkling stars pockmarking the abyssal night sky, naming the constellations in a passing whisper. She felt gentle brushes against her fur and murmurs in her ear, soft and kind and dead. Just like her mother.

At the moment with the dawn just beginning, the black-masked wolf trod through shrublands. She bemoaned over the heat and how sweltering it was when it was pent up in her thick fur. The air smelled thickly of other canines and perhaps other species and surprisingly, Ramona felt that she actually gave a shit. She had traveled for months on end and finally, finally, it felt like her mother's ghost wanted to settle here. Finally, Ramona felt that her mother would stop haunting every waking thought and every slumbering dream and settle among the land here, peacefully resting. She hoped. So, the female trotted in the direction where the foreign scent was growing stronger, hopefully hunting down a member of this odd-smelling pack.

RE: dancing in the dark - Necros - July 05, 2018

"When looking back doesn't interest you anymore 
Then you're doing something right. 
And now I'll do something best for me. "
How long had it been since he had roamed the forests of the neutral lands? Days, weeks, months even? He was begining to forget the scent of moist earth and decaying wood that always intertwined with the overwhelming scent of the evergreens that populated the forests; making them green year round. He could barely remember peeking through the luscious canopy overhead to spy the flecks of sunlight that filtered through to the forest floor below. How it created a wonderful sight to behold; a soft and vibrant spectacle as the light illuminated the shadows and brought forth a dazzling array of colors in such a small space. Yet the contrast was enthralling. There were times when he missed the forest. Times when he longed to be back with his family at their den laughing, fighting and lazing with them all as they reveled in the closeness they had. Sadly, he thought as his dull amber eyes looked skyward, things could never remain the same. Here there were no trees to block out the luminous orb above that not only radiated light but an intense heat as well. Which his dark coat absorbed eagerly, despite the bearers discomfort, and pulled down to his skin. Causing the large canine to pant heavily within a few minutes of exposure. Luckily though there were places where the wolf could find reprieve from the sun. Small clusters of trees acted as shade sparing the travelers from the suns wrath. 

Necros had taken shelter at such a cluster not too long ago but already his tongue was hanging out of his mouth as his throat released steady flow of hot breaths with some drool rolling off the tip of his appendage and down to the brittle grass below. Today was indeed going to be hot and uncomfortable. As he cast searching gaze at his surroundings he could see the landscape dance in the distance; although no wind blew. Curses why did he have to be the one to patrol today? Who in their right mind would be out in this blistering heat? The list of horrible things continued mentally as the ranger forced himself onward. Gemini was his home now and he had to defend her borders no matter the conditions...a little rain wouldn't hurt though heck even a breath of a breeze would be better than this overwhelming heat. It was a bit ironic. For the golden prairies to become so hot while the sea line remained nice and cool. At least he knew where he would be going after his patrol was done.

Necros had traveled over a fair expanse of land before his eyes caught movement. A black figure stood out vividly against the golden sea of shortgrass. With no cover to be had the stranger stood no chance in hiding themselves from the rangers piercing gaze. They moved with speed and intent; heading in the direction of the wall. Idly he wondered what their reaction would be once they caught sight of their....'decorations'. Yes it would be quite unnerving to see all those skulls hanging from the jagged surface of the man made divider...well it had been man made but now it had some wolf reconstruction. Courtesy of the Gemini pack. However the dark Ranger had no intention of letting them go that far. "HALT," he bellowed as he rushed towards them, "who are you and what are you doing here?" Now he could clearly make out the appearance of the dark stranger...or rather the black female. She was a bit shorter than him but her fur was thicker and her tail looked like it had been docked. He mentally grimance as he thought of the pain that she must have gone through. Was it a fashion statement or something else? The black and brown fringe dire stood in her path, acting as a blockade between her and his homeland, as he waited patiently for her answer.

RE: dancing in the dark - ramona - July 05, 2018

Ramona had never been a wolf built for heat. Just the slightest bit stocky with thick, heavy fur, she was made for chilled autumn nights when the trees moaned and crisp winter mornings when the snow blindingly sparkled. Her tough paws were meant for pine needle carpets and harsh, frigid stone, not for dried up grasses. She was meant for air so cold your breath took shape in front of your eyes as small clouds, not for golden grasslands with blinding suns bearing down upon her back.

She was stolen from her thoughts by the appearance of an owner of the stranger scent she had been following. He was at least a foot taller than her and probably twice her weight. Dangerous. A fight against him would likely lead to her fleeing the scene, especially since he didn't appear to be any sort of novice. She backed up warily and trained her tired eyes on his, careful not to appear threatening but still ready to run if need be.

Unprompted, her anxiety rose up and filled her throat like bile. She would say something wrong and be chased off, left to find somewhere else to finally lay her mother's spirit to rest. She would make the wrong move and he would attack her. She wouldn't be welcomed. So many variables she couldn't control, so many that filled her with a panic that stopped the words in her head from forming on her tongue.

So, she stood there for a good few seconds, carefully watching, before she finally worked herself up enough to respond. "Ramona, and I just need a place to settle," she said. There was no flare to her words, just simple information. She was bone-tired from the traveling, her patience exhausted. She no longer wanted to sleep in the frozen rain or run from danger or starve because of her ineptness. She just wanted to sleep somewhere warm for once, maybe eat a full meal for once instead of something small, scrawny, and flea-bitten.

RE: dancing in the dark - Necros - July 08, 2018

A brief silence ensued after the rangers question was asked. The black coated female seemed to be hesitant in answering, whether from nerves or fear was to be investigated, as she stood before him as still as a stone. He looked her over more clearly this time, taking note that her black coat was actually speckled, and as he came to glance at her face he noticed the green hue of her eyes and was reminded of another such encounter. Was he going to think of her everytime he saw someone with similar features? A sigh passed through his nose as he waited for the female to gather her senses. Then again she could be suffering from heat exhaustion. It hadn't crossed his mind to worry about her well being but the heat wave would be harsher on her than it would be for him. Taking the chance he mentally ran through the different locations of where the shade clusters where, in case they needed to make use of it, and was pulled out of his musing by a soft voice.

"Ramona, and I just need a place to settle."

So that was her name. The fringe wolf gave a slight dip of his head , "I am Necros," he stated, " Ranger of Gemini. I have the authority to accept you into our pack but how is it that you have come to our lands and what can you offer us in return for giving you a place in our home?" Necros wanted to handle this matter quickly. The less time baking out in the sun meant the lesser chance he would get heatstroke. Plus he didn't want copious amounts of drool streaming out of his mouth. No matter who you were drooling just made you look like a creep. Not that it seemed to be an issue with Necros; apparently everyone thought he was some sort of frightening beast. Well that could be a good thing. It would make trouble seekers think twice before messing with Gemini. Because as scary as they believed him to be there were much more horrifying creatures that lurked in Gemini. However Ramona didn't appear to be the troublesome sort, if anything, she looked like one dirty look would send her running. The black and brown male was getting curious about this new blood. Why was she all the way out here in a land where the Gemini pack laid hidden and how did she get to where she was now? Did she suffer a terrible tragedy or was she merely trying to spread her wings? Was she alone or was there a possibility that others would come looking for her and if so we're their intentions be peaceful or combative? It was his job to interrogate each individual seeking acceptance for he was their first line of defense. If this lass had a shady story or if she tried to evade answering questions then there was a high possibility that she would place his home in harms way. He could not let that come to pass. 

Too many young lives had just began to flourish within their borders. To have the risk of war coming to their doorstep was a risk they could not afford. So he steeled his expression and waited for her story. Tell me truths and steer me from deceit less you find yourself the target of my fangs. Come, Ramona, tell me your story and let me judge you.

RE: dancing in the dark - ramona - July 08, 2018

The heat weighed heavily on her black and gray fur. The blinding sun was a beacon of it, projecting down upon Ramona and encouraging her once minor headache to begin to grow in intensity. She struggled to keep from panting, finding the action impolite to do, especially in front of strangers she had only met moments ago. Even if that stranger was generously drooling himself. No, she merely clamped her mouth shut as he spoke to keep herself quiet, not intending to be rude. She not only struggled to keep from panting but to also stay focused on the conversation at hand. She was tired, she was overheating, and she was uncomfortable, pinned under Necros's eyes.

Her anxiety spiked when he spoke of her offering something in return of joining them. Her breath escaped her as she tried to think of something, but she reminded herself of his first question. How had she come to this place? "I, uh, I've been wandering for a long time, actually. I left my former pack after-" She choked on her words, trying to keep tears from entering her eyes. Ramona was rarely someone who got emotional, but the death of her mother still weighed heavily on her heart. "After the, um, death of someone I knew, I could no longer stay. So, I was forced out." Those were the basics, she supposed. But her mother's death was a tragedy for her and her alone.

Now that she had vaguely spilled enough of her story to the stone-faced ranger, she had to think of something worthwhile enough that he would allow her to stay. She tried to think of something, anything. She didn't know if she could go another month alone without going insane. "I don't have much to offer, I'm afraid. I'm... not very good at anything," she managed, her words growing soft as she acknowledged her lack of capabilities. Just good enough at surviving, she reminded herself, but that wasn't very useful to those around her.

She thought harder, her mind moving quickly. She supposed she had her quick-thinking on her side, at least she had that going for her. Then, it struck her. Something that, while it wasn't spectacular, could be enough. "But," she began suddenly, "I have my, um, intelligence?" She cursed herself for fumbling and her failing confidence. Stars above, she wasn't even that smart. "And wisdom, I guess? I've traveled far and wide in my short lifespan and I have plenty of stories and, uh, advice to give." Her fear spiked. Stupid reasons, stupid, stupid. Intelligence? Seriously? How could she claim intelligence if her answer was so goddamn lacking?

RE: dancing in the dark - Necros - July 09, 2018

"I, uh, I've been wandering for a long time, actually. I left my former pack after-After the, um, death of someone I knew, I could no longer stay. So, I was forced out."

Death. It seemed to have touched a majority of the travelers that came to their borders. Yet each one was affected by the tragedy in different ways but that was not what Necros wanted to know, "I'm sorry for your loss," he said sympathetically, "but I need to ask you if anyone from your former pack might come to seek you out and if they would be looking to do harm to you or our packmates," everything was very by the book with the ranger. He did feel for the lass, the loss of her mother obviously weighed heavily on her, but he could spare her no comfort. It was not that he didn't feel bad for her. He genuinely did but he was here to do a job and one slip up, such as allowing her in without knowing her past, could end tragically for his fellow pack members. That possibility would not only cost him his home but probably his mind as well. In the short time that he had been accepted into the pack Necros had strove to do everything in his power to better their lives. Plus there was the fact that she was 'forced' out and didn't simply leave of her own volition. Did she have some disability? Was she Ill with a sickness that threatened their safety? He had heard of packs being wiped out by plagues. If she was contagious with such an illness then it would change not only her fate but his as well.

"Have you come into contact with any diseased creature or do you have any health issues that could effect others," he remained calm and kept himself collected. The last thing he could do was show her his discomfort. Silently he prayed to the maker that she was clean and that he was just over thinking the situation. However, on the off chance that she was contagious then both her and Necros would have to leave the pack lands. It caused his heart to clench painfully at the though. He had just started to get close to some of his packmates...to leave them would be devistating. Without a goodbye or explanation either...would they feel betrayed? Probably. Would they seek him out...he hoped with all his heart that they wouldn't.  Still she had yet to answer so there was no cause for him to fret over the 'what ifs' just yet. 

"I don't have much to offer, I'm afraid. I'm... not very good at anything,But, I have my, um, intelligence?"

Why did it sound more like a question rather than a statement. It caused Necros to raise a brow in response to her reply. She seemed anxious and desperate as she stood there quietly rummaging through her mind. Meanwhile, as she sorted her thoughts, the fringe dire was beginning to be overwhelmed by the heat. He could only imagine how she was feeling in that thick pelt of hers. Still he kept his tongue and waited for her to find the words she was looking for before speaking his piece.

"And wisdom, I guess? I've traveled far and wide in my short lifespan and I have plenty of stories and, uh, advice to give."

With that he flicked his ear and stared off into the distance, " would you like to continue this under some shade," he asked casually, "I'm begining to get a bit hot and would like to cool off," he glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. Would she agree or decline? He hoped she would say yes and then find shelter from the sun. Then again she seemed to be on edge. Would she be comfortable enough to follow a stranger? At this point it was up to her whether or not they would get heatstroke. Let's hope for good things today...a miracle maybe.

RE: dancing in the dark - ramona - July 09, 2018

When he asked if her former pack would come to find her, Ramona couldn't help but scoff. They only kept her around because one of their alphas fancied her mother and her mother begged to keep her around. They couldn't have cared less when she left the evening after her mother's death, bidding a harsh farewell and leaving each and every one of them in the dust. "They won't. That's a promise, I swear it," she said confidently, thoughts lingering on the treatment she had received from them. She was glad they were out of her life and she had left after those years of carrying on.

Necros went on to ask if she had come into contact with anything diseased or if she had any ailments herself. Anxiety, but that only annoys people around me, she thought bitterly. Her mind flickered back to the day so many months ago, when she had been small, and majority of her silvery white tail had been docked from her body. Punishment for not being a good example of a sound mind, so she was made into a poor example of a sound body. Stupid ways of life and stupid punishments. It had taken her weeks after to soothe her mother's tears and regain her balance. "No," she said, not giving away the fact that ever since she had left behind her old life she hadn't seen a sentient soul since.

The headache pounding against her skull increased in intensity as he asked if she wanted to move to the shade. Stars have mercy, had he noticed? Shame crept up her neck, tinting her ears a bit pinker than they were, even in the heat. But then he mentioned how he was the one who needed to cool off, and Mona almost sighed in relief. Good, she didn't want to embarass herself already. However, to find shade she would have to follow Necros. She pondered following him, if he could be leading her off to some sort of awful situation.

Then she reminded herself that if she meant to join this pack, she would have to learn to trust its members. She tried to calm her ragged heartbeat and soothe her pounding headache, once again schooling her features into a levelheaded expression. "It's completely fine," she said coolly, tipping her ears forward. "Just lead the way and I'll follow. Or I can walk in front if you want to make sure I don't pull any funny business." She wanted to put Necros at ease and by offering to walk in front, she was sure she made herself appear a bit more trustable.

RE: dancing in the dark - Necros - July 10, 2018

The way she answered his question about her previous packmates left him with little doubt that they had a sour history. It put his mind at ease to know she didn't have anyone coming to hunt her down, whether from spite or pride, but it was a sad reality that some packs didn't believe in kinmanship. There actually seemed to be quite a few packs with such mentalities forming and it was concerning that such ideals were appealing to so many individuals; to the point that such packs thrived when better intended packs crumbled. 

The world outside was looking less appealing which made Necros rather proud that he had joined a pack who valued it's members. He could see why so many travelers sought to escape to their borders only to ask to stay as a permanent resident. Out of respect for her discomfort the dark fringe dire just gave a nod to her response and didn't press the issue any further. She had answered honestly and he appreciated her cooperation. It took a load off his concious when she stated that she was clean of disease; she even agreed to find shade to escape the blistering heat of the midday sun. Miracles were all abound today. Thank goodness.

"Why don't we walk beside one another," he offered instead, "I appreciate your thoughtfulness though," he said with a small smirk. With that he made his way to the nearest cluster that promised shade but he was worried that the small female might struggle from the heat as they traversed the distance. He had noticed that she seemed to be nursing a headache. Probably brought on by the stress of the sweltering heat but it probably didn't help that she was overworking her mind. Hopefully she would start feeling better soon but they had a few hundred yards to travel until then. "What do you wish to find within our home," he asked curiously.  Everyone he met had a different answer that made them unique and he was interested to know what she was hoping for.

After a few minutes of walking he spied the desired clustered and glanced at the darker female, to assess her condition, "there it is just a little further,"  he offered as he picked up speed. He was hot but she must have been burning up. The ranger wondered if she would have enough energy to make the final push for shelter. He could make out the three tall trees that were surrounded by bush and had a small puddle of water left over by the rainy season. Shade and water was just what they needed. 

RE: dancing in the dark - ramona - July 19, 2018

whoopsie-doodle i procastinate overly well

When he suggested they walk alongside each other, Ramona blinked for a moment. The culture was different here, she supposed. Shrugging off her mild surprise, she followed after him and caught up, trying to keep pace by hurrying her steps. Goodness, she wasn't even that small and she still struggled to keep up with him. At least the movement distracted her from the sun beating down on her back by focusing on not stumbling over the foreign terrain. While her balance typically held up, she tended to falter when her constantly high-strung nerves played a part in how she acted.

He then asked her for a question, and for a second she didn't catch the meaning. When it finally clicked, she puzzled over the question for a moment. She didn't know what she wanted to find. A place to sleep that wasn't cold, hard ground, maybe. Somewhere to wither away where someone might actually notice. A resting place for her mother's ghost, a ghost that had taunted Ramona's once skeptical nature by turning her into someone very superstitious. People who didn't immediately spot her faults like she almost immediately did when looking at her own reflection. "As I've said, a place to settle is all," she responded simply. Leave it simple and let no questions be asked, lest someone see what lay beyond her few words.

A memory caught her attention as she walked on quietly. A day when she was only a yearling, sitting close to her mother, secluded away from their pack. It had been only a week after the loss of her tail and her mother had been sobbing over it. Ramona had only been just practicing her balance again when her mother had asked how she felt. Mona's answer had been a short lie, and her mother had smiled at her with teary red eyes. "Oh, child," she had said, "your brevity will be a blessing and a curse." At the time, she had not known the meaning of the word, although now she did. But with that knowledge in mind, the statement only confused Mona more.

When Necros picked up the pace she tried to keep up with him, trying to appear nonchalant as she did so. She didn't want to seem like there was anything wrong with her, but she wasn't exactly in tip-top shape. Living on your own for months, alone with only your problems and awful thoughts, wasn't exactly the best thing for her physique, especially considering she was lucky if she ate. She eventually sat down once she made it under the shade, letting the slightly cooler air soothe her for but a moment. She eyed the puddle, her gaze growing distasteful when she remembered a warning from her mother to not drink stagnant water. Mona had no intention of getting a bellyful of parasitic larvae, so she ignored the water and looked toward Necros expectantly.

RE: dancing in the dark - Necros - August 01, 2018

Relief was felt the moment the fringe dire stepped into the shade of the cluster. The ebony fea seemed to ignore the puddle in the middle of the small sanctuary. Which caused a brief moment of confusion for Necros as he turned his head and followed her as she walk past it.  More suprising was the scrunching of her nose toward it.  Why was she behaving like so? She must have been burning up; he was. Waiting to see what the stranger would do the ranger was some what  surprised to see her come so close to him. Other hopefuls usually avoided him, or gave him a wide birth, but never sat so close. His amber gaze rested on the brown puddle before him and after watching the muddled reflections. The ranger lowered himself across the small body of water. Relishing the feeling of the water against his burning coat. The small bits of mud only added to his relief from the morning heat. Rolling onto his back to fully immerse his body in this pleasant feeling. Once the ranger felt like he was properly cooled he shifted his large mass to his left and sat upright; gazing upon the small female as she sat across from him.

"You wanna cool yourself," he inquired, "the water feels good," the sentence was added with a tilt of his head towards the said object. The male would wait patiently for her to finish her romp in the puddle, or her declination of the invitation, after which he would nod in response, "you claimed to have intelligence, " he began," exactly what field of intelligence are you skilled in survival, combat tactics, healing or somethingelse?" The ranger was trying to pinpoint her strengths that she could lend to the pack of Gemini and possibly a rank that would be best for her to strive for it was pretty common for such individuals to aim for guard or a healer but something about the fea before him was telling the scout that she was not like the others.

Not that he could officially give her a rank but he could advise her about which one to aim for; that's what happened to him after all. As he awaited her response he watched as the shade of the towering trees covered her pelt and caused her to appear much darker than she was but the bright green of her eyes stood out against the pitchblack of her coat. It was a rather exotic appearance but Necros on noted it mentally as his features remained stoic. The call of local birds echoed in the air and a few lizards darted around the small oasis, trying to find cover from possible predators, which were mainly ignored in favor of the current conversation that was being held. Hopefully he could move her acceptance along as he didn't want her to wait for longer than was necessary.  

RE: dancing in the dark - ramona - August 04, 2018

She winced as Necros cooled himself off in the water, splashing around enough that Ramona had to sidle away so that none of the drops landed on her fur. Not to mention how awkward she felt simply sitting there quietly. Just thinking about the number of mosquito larvae in the water made her skin crawl. Nope, nope, nope. "I-It's just- well, um-" she mumbled, trying to find the right words before growing frustrated with herself. "Mosquitoes!" she finally blurted out, making a note to scold herself for her tone later on. "And-and other dangers. Stagnant water in the summer often proves host to several harmful creatures and- well, I have to politely decline."

She chuckled somewhat at his words before quieting herself sheepishly. "Sorry- just, 'claim' is a good word for it, isn't it?" she said, finding it best to explain herself rather than being questioned. He went on and she nodded, trying to find a way to describe it without seeming narcissistic. Hell, she was anything but. Although, she had to acknowledge the odd things about her that could be used as somewhat-positive points to convince him to allow her to join instead of sending her away. Stars above, anything was better than the torture of solitude.

"Well- uh, how do I put this? I can survive. I've scraped by for as long as I have, so I suppose that means, uh, something. I am by no means a skilled hunter, fighter, or healer, but-but I'm a fast learner! To put it simply, I would classify my intelligence as something else. An essentially useless something else. I'm just... knowledgeable about random things- stars, I'm sounding dumber the longer I speak," she broke off in a murmur, ducking her head down and hiding it among her paws. She was dying, she was dead and this was the hellish afterlife, she was at least ninety percent sure.

Sighing while still covered by her paws, she mumbled, "My deepest apologies. I'm sorry. I'm not the best at talking to others and I just- I'm a bit of a-a liability. I can- I can, um, leave. If you so desire. I'm... well aware of my faults." She didn't like all this talking. She didn't like talking anyway. She kept making a fool of herself and tripping over her own damn tongue. Lifting her head to peer at the male, the Ramona tried to calm her rapid heart. "I-I know I don't have much to offer but... please. I'm so tired of being alone." She was practically begging, she knew, but what else did she have to lose? Her dignity was far from present.

RE: dancing in the dark - Necros - August 07, 2018

An invisible brow rose at ebony females strange outburst which was shocking enough in its self but freaking out about mosquitos of all things? It would have been less strange if she was freaking out because of the mud covering him but this was a bit out there; even amongst all the other acceptances he handled. Still he kept silent and nodded politely at her declination. Everyone was unique after all and he didn't know her past so he couldn't judge her on her actions. However things weren't looking much better when she struggled to explain what knowledge she had in her exact field of expertise; if there ever had been one. Ironic for one who claimed to have intelligence she certainly wasn't making a good argument for self at the moment. The fringe dire sighed mentally to himself. He knew that everyone craved a place to belong but the ranger couldn't allow every single hopeful into his home just because they had a sad life story. There were packmates that depended on the rangers to keep their best interest at heart. Even if it meant breaking someone else's. Necros closed his eyes for a moment before opening them to stare at the trembling fea before him. 

It was a very real possibility that he was going to have to turn her away.It was a hard decision to make but she complicated it further by begging. Her emerald eyes shining with unshed tears as she desperately pleaded with him to welcome her into the pack. It was a curse sometimes to hold someone's fate in your hands knowing that denying them would mean their end. Both figuratively and literally. All he could do was sit there watching her as she trembled for her eyes reminded him of another who had looked at him in the same way. Sighing the male reviewed what he knew of her so far. She had no experience or skills to help aid the pack in its protection or development. She was skiddish and shy not really able to get her point across when she was trying to explain something and she was desperate. Normally this would immediately lead to her dismissal from the pack but for some unknown reason the ranger hesitated. 

Going against all common sense the large fringe wolf wanted to give her a chance. She did claim to be a quick study so maybe she could prove herself worthy of being a member of Gemini...but if not then it would be a liability encroaching in their ranks. He was silently pleading for a miracle, "normally I would have turned you away," he began voice severe and distant, " but I am willing to give you a chance to earn your place within Gemini. For now you can considered yourself a member of our pack but you will have to work hard to prove to us that you belong here." Necros didn't know how she would go about redeeming herself but the ranger was going to have to wait until the day came; who knew she might end up suprising him. "Welcome to your new home," he said, "do you wish to head to the highlands now or would you prefer to wait here and head off later?"

(Ooc: consider your character accepted and please read up on the rules and information about the Gemini pack; if you hadn't already done so. If you have any questions please pm me or Witch. Other than that you are now free to rp have fun! :3)