In Dire Straits
[PRP] Going to Alaska - Printable Version

+- In Dire Straits (https://dires.net)
+-- Forum: The In Between (IC) (https://dires.net/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: The Neutrals (https://dires.net/forum-72.html)
+--- Thread: [PRP] Going to Alaska (/thread-4127.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Going to Alaska - Shiisiln - May 04, 2018

Willow nodded along, and then suddenly yawned widely. "Gah- I'm sorry, I must be a lot more tired than I realized," he said, sheepishly covering his face with one large paw.

RE: Going to Alaska - Starburst - May 04, 2018

"You could always have a quick nap." Starburst said. "I don't mind." He smiles.

Willow smiled up at him sleepily. "Thanks you; I think I will," he said, and curled up on the stone floor. Moments later, he was deeply asleep.

"Should we do a time skip?" Bluemoon asked.

"Sounds reasonable," Said willow

The next morning, Willow woke cold but thankfully still alive.The blizzard had died down outside, leaving the air quiet and still. He approached Starburst and nudged the big cat awake. "Umm, thanks for letting me stay here, but..." He muttered sheepishly. "Can you show me a path down off the mountain?"

The cat yawned and stretched, nodding.

"Yeah.just give me a few minutes to wake up. It's too early to remember anything.' He chuckles.

Willow sighed in relief. "Thank you. Seriously, if it wasn't for you I think I would have died up here."

"No offence, but you probably would've. Anyone would be if the didn't have the right fur type. Any bears other than polar Shouldn't be up here, especially in that weather."

Willow shivered. He didn't like to think about how close he'd come to dying up here. "Thank you, again. Let's get going."

He yawned once more.

"Alright.." he stood up and nudged Blue moon awake to let her know he'd be back soon. "Let's go!" He said, leading willow out of the cave.

Willow emerged from the cave, his breath frosting in the cold air. It was better than being out in the blizzard, but he still wanted to get out of the dreadful cold as quickly as possible. So he started following Starburst and Blue Moon down the mountain.

About half way down, blue spotted a rabbit.

"You hungry?" She asked willow.

"Ummm..." Willow put his ears back. He was hungry- quite so- but he'd never had much of an appetite for hunting. Fishing was usually as much as he could stomach, since fish eyes were so alien and didn't make him feel quite so bad. "I'm good. You can go ahead, though."

RE: Going to Alaska - Starburst - May 05, 2018

"Heck yeah!" She said, crouching. She followed the rabbit for a bit, before it fled, and she chased after. It was too fast, however, and had she not been a ridiculous color she may have gotten close enough to catch it. "Duck." She grumbled.

"Better luck next time Blue." Starburst smiles.

"Screw luck, its this dam pelt." She growls.

RE: Going to Alaska - Shiisiln - May 05, 2018

Willow breathed a silent sigh of relief for the rabbit; logically, he was fine with other animals hunting, but he preferred not to see it happen. "Well, your pelt is very pretty," he offered by way of consolation.

Blue snorts.

"Thanks, but I can read the text. You wanted me to miss..." She growled lowly.

"Come on now Blue, be nice," Starburst said.

Willow put his ears back. "I... I'm sorry... I just don't like watching things die," he said, scuffing his paw in the snow.

She huffs.

"It's fine. Star here doesn't either."

Willow tilted his head to the side. "Really? But- but you're all carnivore. Even I can't get away with surviving without meat."