In Dire Straits
[PRP] on the trail that we blaze! ...THAT trail that we blaze! - Printable Version

+- In Dire Straits (https://dires.net)
+-- Forum: The In Between (IC) (https://dires.net/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: The Neutrals (https://dires.net/forum-72.html)
+--- Thread: [PRP] on the trail that we blaze! ...THAT trail that we blaze! (/thread-3602.html)

on the trail that we blaze! ...THAT trail that we blaze! - rukhsana - February 17, 2018

Days came, days went. A silent song carried on the wind as it bellowed past trees in between their angled naked branches, and the cold sent shivers like ripples throughout Ivaylo's body, harmonizing with the creaks and whistles of the forest. She gritted her teeth and pushed through, trudging on with strong front paws. She hoped wherever she ended up would be less windy. She disliked the cold, but she could tolerate it as long as there was no wind. She pictured a forest, much like this one, with the same dead and lifelessness that she had experienced, but no wind. She attempted to smile, but growled furiously as another gust sent her fur flying upwards and burrowing its way under her skin. She was freezing. She was becoming too angry to continue. She needed to find shelter.

Ivaylo glanced around, taking in every detail she could find surrounding her. She kicked up a hefty amount of soil and relieved herself nearby a tree. She wanted to be sure that she would never get lost. She had already been lost for weeks, and she had just now came out of it. She wasn't sure exactly what kind of state she was in back then... Something terrifying and hopefully she will never have to revisit it again. Losing her family was hard enough on her. Then she spent weeks just torturing herself emotionally, mentally, physically. But now she was thinking somewhat clearly, she has fed herself enough, and her wounded paw was healing magnificently. She stopped for a moment to check on it. It looked very fleshy and ugly, but it wasn't stinging or bleeding anymore. She had to take that as a good sign. 

She stumbled upon a small cave in the side of a hill enclosed by trees. She hurried inside, shaking off tiny snow droplets that still clung to her. Finally, a place where she can warm up. But of course, she was not alone. She froze, sniffing the air, then turned to face the deep end of the cave where darkness shrouded. She couldn't see anyone or anything, but she could feel eyes on her. She could always feel the eyes.

"Hidalgo?" she called out, hoping to be correct but not really expecting much. "Sveyn?" Nothing. Well, it was a long shot. Those were the only two "friends" she knew of. She began to notice that her brother's name was the last to come to mind when she realizes that she isn't alone. She growled, shaking her head.

"Well, whoever you are, leave me alone. I'm leaving soon so you can share this space while I'm here." She plopped down on her haunches, her back facing the outside of the cave. Whoever, or whatever, was hiding in the dark, she wouldn't miss it. She fidgeted her paws in the dirt, anxious to see whether this would be her first fight or possibly another friend.

RE: on the trail that we blaze! ...THAT trail that we blaze! - akante - February 17, 2018

((screams I love this title okay you may continue I'm sorry))